The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread

lerxt1990

33 minutes ago, sullysue said:

Jacob deGrom to the Texas Rangers, 5 yrs $185 million, and I'm already NOT missing Jon Daniels! :7up:

I still can't figure out how Daniels lasted as long as he did. He kept trading always good players who made the team better and wanted to play there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

I still can't figure out how Daniels lasted as long as he did. He kept trading always good players who made the team better and wanted to play there.

I'm so glad he's gone. He treated some of our best acquisitions like pawns. I finally have some hope for them.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

34 minutes ago, sullysue said:

I'm so glad he's gone. He treated some of our best acquisitions like pawns. I finally have some hope for them.

Daniels might have been able to sign deGrom, but he would have traded him away after the first year, even if deGrom had won 20 games.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 4:56 AM, Nova Carmina said:

Good for him; good career; and good riddance -- that guy always killed the Royals.

At least your team won in 2015. Detroit hasn't won since 84.  My team has had their number in the Comerica era so I don't have too hard feelings as opposed to Angel killer, A Roid.

Also, congrats to "crime dog" for entering Cooperstown.

Oh, and what Nova said about Miggy?  I’m saying the same for Verlander now that he’s moved east and to the NL with the Mets for 2 years.  Fitting since he used to be on the Tigers with Miggy.

Also, Yanks having 4 more years of Cashman. 😆 Enjoy being stuck at 27.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

Looks like Judge might switch leagues and coasts to the land of the Deadheads and Metallica if reports are true.

I wanted that to happen, so of course it didn't: It looks like he's back to the Yankees for 40mil/year for nine years. Boring.

• Like 1

As a Cub fan, I'm ecstatic we didn't sign him.  I think with the types of contract offers he's getting he's overpaid, especially toward the end of the contract, he's injury prone, and he's, well let's say, a hard guy to root for.

Thanks, Twins.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tinwoodsman said:

Looks like my Angels jersey  hangs in mothballs for another season.

Especially since I ditched the booze for edibles recently, he can take the cheap beer and shove it up his ass.

I bet he'll probably move the team to Long Beach, Tustin or Irvine.  He is persona non grata for Anaheim and rightfully so.

I'd rather see extra inning games be suspended and finished later than have a ghost runner put at 2nd base. 

Especially when the teams are playing a night game then a day game the next day.  Suspend the game after 12 innings.      

• Like 2

• The topic was unpinned