The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread

lerxt1990

11 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Here's the play.   Pretty obvious call.  

That was a good call.  I loved how the pitch being called a ball instead of a strike lit a fire inside the pitcher.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Looks like another comeback will be necessary.

I was surprised that the Phillies weren't more aggressive on the bases in the late innings, e.g. runners on 1st and 3rd with two outs and not taking second and forcing a throw.

37 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

That poor kid in right field had Bohm’s homer in his glove…..and flubbed it.  :sad:

Yeah, that was sad, especially when he saw it on the big screen . . . .the one that got away! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Hoskins!

7-0

We are in central PA!  A local newscaster is a huge Phillies fan and had on his jersey today, even during an intense interview with a Federal judge about a voting issue.  The rest of the news team was giving him a hard time- guess he feels vindicated tonight! :smile:

• Like 1

Caught the tail end of last night's game.  Astros not only blank the Phillies, but put up a collective no-hitter on them.  This on the heels of Philly fans posting details of their team's  historic post-season batting performance in which Philadelphia has opposing pitchers posting a collective ERA over 10.00.  

Never mention a streak...or a stat.  It angers the gods.

baseball gods – The Daily Egyptian

As for what he’s going to do with the baseball?  He’s not thinking twice. 

No matter who comes for the baseball, he’s holding on to it, and it’s going onto his shelf -- his own piece of Astros history, 49 years of fandom later.

“No doubt, this is staying with me,” Rice said. “This is my title memory right here."

GOOD.  It's good to see a real fan do something that reflects the beauty of Baseball.    

I'm sick and tired of seeing a fan "negotiating" the return of a home run ball with a player. 

It's even worse when the ball gets sold to some schmuck who wasn't even at the game.     

Verlander notches his 3rd Cy Young.  Sandy Alcantara of the Marlins for the NL.

No contest for either, who both get all 30 1st place votes.  Congratulations!

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned