The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread

lerxt1990

3 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

I would prefer applying Zeno's paradox: I can't tag you before my glove has covered half the distance, but you can't step on the base before you've covered half the distance. Heck, you can't even hit the ball, really. 

Good idea but it probably wouldn't pass; you know how Zenophobic some of those owners can be.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

I would prefer applying Zeno's paradox: I can't tag you before my glove has covered half the distance, but you can't step on the base before you've covered half the distance. Heck, you can't even hit the ball, really. 

Every time I get within 2.8125 feet of 1st base, I start seeing warped reality and I trip over my feet....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

I thought Hernandez was an AL ump? Do they bother with that anymore, or have I had it wrong?

The umps do both leagues now.  The Brewers have had to deal with Hernandez quite often.  

• Like 1

Have I said lately that I HATE the “go home on contact” play?

The Brewers constantly have their runner on 3rd sprint for home on contact even when it’s a hot smash to the 3rd baseman.  Once again, the runner was out by a mile.  :rage:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Aaron Judge (6’ 7”, 282 lbs) is at 2nd base, standing next to Kolten Wong (5’ 7”, 185 lbs)

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Haha 1

Congratulations to Albert Pujols, who hit his 700th HR tonight.   The way he played for about the last five years and even the first half of this year, I never thought he'd make it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Congratulations to Albert Pujols, who hit his 700th HR tonight.   The way he played for about the last five years and even the first half of this year, I never thought he'd make it.

A great player, and a great person. Well done, Pujols, well done.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 9:37 AM, Nova Carmina said:

A great player, and a great person. Well done, Pujols, well done.

Yeah, I doubted he'd make it.  Look at who he played for.  Sell the team, Arte.  The new GM is even worse than Eppler as well.  He has no idea what he's doing.

Oh, and don't replace Nevin with Donny baseball now that he's announced it's his last season managing the Marlins.

Corbin Burnes 1

Sandy Alcantara 0

Burnes:  8 innings, 4 hits, 7 K’s

Alcantara:  8 innings, 1 run, 5 hits, 8 K’s (1 sacrifice fly)

The desperate Brewers clawing their way into the post-season…..maybe.  

Never thought I'd see the Angels end the home season with a 7 game winning streak the way this awful season has become.  No Angel team has pissed me off like this 2022 squad especially the 7-9 batting order.  Once the team is sold, good riddance to Farte Moreno and GM Perry isn't any better.  Hitting coach Jeremy Reed needs to go as well.  That sweep of Toronto a month ago with him not there was not a coincidence.

Next year is make or break for Jo Adell.  If he doesn't show his potential he'll end up like Marsh on the Phillies.

Edited by invisible airwave

To get into the playoffs, the Brewers have to sweep Arizona and have Washington sweep the Phillies.  

BF108-2.jpg?v-cache=1491104122

7 hours ago, Principled Man said:

To get into the playoffs, the Brewers have to sweep Arizona and have Washington sweep the Phillies.  

Nice miracle comeback win for the Crew, but they’re out.  

The Brewers had an excellent first half of the season, but went ice cold in the second half.  Poor hitting, especially with runners in scoring position.  Many winnable games were lost via hitting impotence.  A roster shakeup may be on the way……:eh:

So, World Series predictions?

The Dodgers will beat the Cardinals in the NLCS; the Astros will beat the Yankees in the ALCS; the Dodgers will beat the Astros 4-2. Take it to Vegas!!*

(* Do NOT, under any circumstances, bet based on my predictions, unless perhaps against them . . . Gambling problem? Call 1-800-BETS-OFF)

• The topic was unpinned