The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread

lerxt1990

On 8/11/2022 at 4:01 PM, Principled Man said:

Chandler Redmond of the Class VV Springfield Cardinals had a good game last night:

5 for 6, 4 Home Runs, 11 RBI's

RBI single

2-run Home run

Grand Slam

Solo home rum

3-run home run  HOME RUN CYCLE

Wow!

Brewers 3

Cardinals 2 (10 innings)

Brewers announcers said, “It feels like they stole this game”.   They’re WRONG!

Burnes and Wainright both pitched lights out.  1-1 after nine innings. 

The Brewers beat the Cardinals’ bullpen.  That’s what you do when you can’t beat the starter.  Classic pitching duel victory.  No stealing anywhere!  :no:

Christian Yelich is losing the respect of Brewer fans more and more.  He is not only deep in another hitting slump, but he has also shown everyone that he has about the weakest throwing arm in the League.  

He embarrassed himself tonight on a throw from left field to home.  He has NO ARM.  

Base Runners would be wise to run on him no matter where they are on the bases.  

Edited by Principled Man

Great catch, Taylor.  You temporarily delayed the Brewers’s win…. :laugh:

8 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Great catch, Taylor.  You temporarily delayed the Brewers’s win…. :laugh:

Dodger fall to 80-35 as a result.  :tongue:

Wimpy California dudes..... can't even handle Bernie's Slide without breaking some bones!  

Brewer fans have thrown in their towels!  :rage:

Brewers blow the lead in the 9th, 10th and 11th innings, lose to the Cubs.  
Yelich catches the ball in short left field, then drops the ball, allowing the runner at 3rd to tag up and score and tie the game in the 10th.     :facepalm:

It’s all over but the cryin’…..

ESPN is reported that Arte Moreno is putting the Angels up for sale.

Should get at least one like for this post.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

ESPN is reported that Arte Moreno is putting the Angels up for sale.

Should get at least one like for this post.

You'll get one from me if you have some particular footage of the Oakland-Seattle game on Sunday. :popcorn: 

Edited by blackhawkrush

Brewers Murphy’s Law 237:  When you shut out a good team on their own field, then you have your Ace pitch the next day, he’s GONNA LOSE.  

Dodgers 7

Brewers 0 

5th inning

:blink:

Finding New Ways To Lose:  Episode 337

The Brewers' Freddy Peralta departs after 6 dominant innings of no-hit ball.  Brewers leading, 1-0, after multiple failures to score runs

7th Inning:  Brewers fielding error, then a 2-run homer by Ian Happ.  Cubs, 2-1 (only Cub hit)

9th inning:  Brewers down 2-1.  Rowdy Tellez ties the game with a homer.  Brewers then blow golden opportunity to win.  

10th inning:  Ian Happ strikes again.  2-run homer.  Cubs' 2nd hit of the game.  Cubs 4-2

Bottom 10th:  Brewers blow another game-winner.  Bases-loaded double play to end the game. 

Cubs win, 4-3, with TWO hits:  Happ's 2 homers

:rage:  :rage:  :rage:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

Angels blank Blue Jays 12-0 without their hitting coach.  This can't be a coincidence.  I don't know it for a fact.  I just know it's true.

I don't want anybody bull-craping me about the advantages of playing an under .500 team ever again. 2-0 today.  :banghead:  

45 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I don't want anybody bull-craping me about the advantages of playing an under .500 team ever again. 2-0 today.  :banghead:  

Imagine hitting 7 solo home runs and losing to the worse goddamn Oakland and losing 2 of 3 to Tigers recently.  Failos are no better.

3 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

Imagine hitting 7 solo home runs and losing to the worse goddamn Oakland and losing 2 of 3 to Tigers recently.  Failos are no better.

Then we agree. 

• Like 1

Possible 3 game sweep without Jeremy Reed as coach.  That says something.

Just realized he went to high school near me at rival Bonita High in La Verne since he grew up in San Dimas and graduated same year as me.  The varsity football team at my Claremont High didn't have a proper football field until 2003 so they would use Bonita as home field.  It's actually across the street during the closing church scene from The Graduate on D Street just south of Foothill "Route 66" Boulevard.  Graduation ceremonies even had to be used at the college football field at the Claremont colleges.  Musician Ben Harper spoke at the first graduation ceremony on Claremont High in 2003.

Edited by invisible airwave

Manfred should be taken out of the Commissioner's office in handcuffs for crimes against baseball.

• The topic was unpinned