The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread

lerxt1990

15 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

The Brewers are under orders to swing for the fences in virtually every at-bat. 

No small ball, no bunts, no shortening up your bat to punch the ball somewhere. 

It's all or nothing, and too often, they get nothing.   Lots of strikeouts and double plays.  

So you're not a Craig Counsell guy?

I'll trade you Matheny, pitching coach Cal Eldred, third base coach Vance Wilson, and bullpen coach Larry Carter for Counsell and the husk of Christian Yelich. 

3 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

So you're not a Craig Counsell guy?

I'll trade you Matheny, pitching coach Cal Eldred, third base coach Vance Wilson, and bullpen coach Larry Carter for Counsell and the husk of Christian Yelich. 

Counsell has done a lot of good for the Brewers.  He's their winningest manager.  I love his fire and passion.  He'll even get in an ump's face when the need arises.

BUT....his offensive philosophy has many critics.  That's his only big flaw.   

His predecessor, Ron Roenicke, loved to play small ball.  That was pretty much the only good thing about him....LOL  

• Like 1

It cannot help but be a good day when you wake up to the news that Josh Hader was torched for six runs in a third of an inning (and it wasn't the Cards that were responsible).

Nationals:  Juan, we'll give you 15 years, $440 million.  What d'ya think?

Soto:  Meehhhhh, I'll pass.  I don't want to keep losing.  

• Haha 2

On 7/16/2022 at 1:13 PM, Principled Man said:

At least that means he won't go to my Angels.  Sadly, pitching repellent Farte still hasn't learned his lesson from disappointing hitting contracts especially from ex Nats. *cough* Rendon *cough*.  Maybe if he stopped being a cheapskate towards the minor league system and give them real food instead of PB&J crap, Adell and Marsh would perform better.

Defending champ Rams season can't come soon enough.  Good riddance to the Failos.

Edited by invisible airwave

On 7/16/2022 at 3:13 PM, Principled Man said:

That is an eye-watering sum of money . . . 

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/rob-manfred-called-out-by-advocacy-group-after-rejecting-premise-that-minor-leaguers-arent-paid-living-wage/

Why am I not surprised Manfred shot his mouth off with this “let them eat cake” crap?   FU, Rob.

9wUZl2x.gif

Edited by invisible airwave

2 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

What cockbrain designed those No-Star uniforms?  Fughly af. 

The constant blah blah with the players while they’re on the field is ridiculous.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

It's turned into the Simpsons episode where the school is forced to wear uniforms.  Everyone looks the same and it sickens me.

Also, someone tell John Smoltz we didn't ask for a new Joe Buck.  That mic talk to the pitcher was a new low for him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

I actually disagree with you.  I always thought the players wearing their own uniforms made it look like a pickup hockey league, where one team wears white practice jerseys, the other wears a colored jersey, and no one has the same color shirts, pants or socks.  I liked that they all looked the same, but they were wearing their own uniforms.

16 hours ago, Principled Man said:

The constant blah blah with the players while they’re on the field is ridiculous.  

That part I found interesting, but I thought it took away from the game.  Baseball is the ONLY sport whose all-star game is an actual competition.  Shooting the sh*t with Stanton while he's in the field takes away from that.

• Like 1

f**k you, Manfred.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Major League Baseball is moving ahead with plans for advertising on uniforms next season.

The new labor contract agreed to in March allows teams to add uniform and helmet advertising patches. The San Diego Padres in April became the first team to announce a deal for 2023, with Motorola.

5 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

That part I found interesting, but I thought it took away from the game.  Baseball is the ONLY sport whose all-star game is an actual competition.  Shooting the sh*t with Stanton while he's in the field takes away from that.

Agree 100%.  The last time I checked, the players on the field are supposed to be totally focused on the game and the play that’s about to happen.  

What makes baseball so great is that after the pitcher lets go of the ball, almost anything can happen.  I don’t want my shortstop chatting with Joe Buck a split second before a hot line drive comes right at him.   

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

I actually disagree with you.  I always thought the players wearing their own uniforms made it look like a pickup hockey league, where one team wears white practice jerseys, the other wears a colored jersey, and no one has the same color shirts, pants or socks.  I liked that they all looked the same, but they were wearing their own uniforms.

OK, point taken.  It just the color combos-gold on black and  gold on white- looked like shit.

1 hour ago, pjbear05 said:

OK, point taken.  It just the color combos-gold on black and  gold on white- looked like shit.

That I don't disagree with.  White and blue (NL) and blue and white (AL) (because they were in Dodger Stadium) would have been fine.

1 minute ago, Nova Carmina said:

It still wouldn't be the most obscene thing on the front of the uniform, unless it replaced the logo.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, edhunter said:

download.jpg

And thank you...

anthony-rizzo-yankees-1.webp

Worst team in baseball since the break.

• The topic was unpinned