The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread

lerxt1990

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34154120/seattle-mariners-fan-sends-jesse-winker-pizza-ejection-major-brawl-los-angeles-angels

After the big brawl between the Angels and  Mariners yesterday, a Mariners fan in Arkansas had a Mountain Mike's pizza doordashed to Jesse Winker. What's crazy is he actually got it! She then used Twitter to have people tip the driver and they blew up his venmo.

Awesome. I just sent him a couple bucks.

Edited by edhunter
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Blue Jays have no pitching.   :facepalm:  

But they are certainly well fed!   My fellow Brewer fans and I noticed that several Blue Jays are on the "heavy side".   Good players, but they sure have the beer guts going.....and now we know where Rowdy Tellez got his..... :biggrin:

13 hours ago, Principled Man said:

But they are certainly well fed!   My fellow Brewer fans and I noticed that several Blue Jays are on the "heavy side".   Good players, but they sure have the beer guts going.....and now we know where Rowdy Tellez got his..... :biggrin:

Gotta love Kirk...not just because of his name. 

7 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Gotta love Kirk...not just because of his name. 

Even Doctor McCoy put Kirk on a diet in one episode.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, edhunter said:

bobby2.jpg

Happy Bobby Bonilla Day!

I heard that he still gets paper paychecks in the mail. 

He likes to walk out to his mailbox, open it and say, "Hello, paycheck!"   :biggrin: 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Principled Man said:

I heard that he still gets paper paychecks in the mail. 

He likes to walk out to his mailbox, open it and say, "Hello, paycheck!"   :biggrin: 

As I understand it, the club actually may have actually come out ahead in the deal.  Still hilarious, though.

Down 17-1 in the 8th inning, Pittsburgh challenges the call at 1st base.  Their runner is SAFE!  

It’s now 17-2!  The small crowd is cheering!  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Principled Man said:

Down 17-1 in the 8th inning, Pittsburgh challenges the call at 1st base.  Their runner is SAFE!  

It’s now 17-2!  The small crowd is cheering!  

I'm glad to hear that someone was watching!  Hey!  We are rebuilding this year!  :facepalm::facepalm:

13 hours ago, goose said:

As I understand it, the club actually may have actually come out ahead in the deal.  Still hilarious, though.

How did that happen? They initially used the money they saved up front to invest with Bernie Madoff.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, edhunter said:

How did that happen? They initially used the money they saved up front to invest with Bernie Madoff.

And it's still a better deal than the Cubs signing of Jason Heyward.

• Like 1

I wonder if Yadi will call the official scorer in Philly to get him to reverse his decision rather than have his teammate Arenado not hit for the cycle the right way.

57 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

The Cardinals appreciate that!

Everyone would have been better off had he stayed a Cardinal, even Heyward.   Instead of those bloops just over shortstop being caught with Jason not wearing Cardinal red, they would magically fall in.   Then Yadi could throw in a patented dunk hit just down the right field line and over the second baseman's head and the archetype Cardinal rally would be set in motion.  Some NPC could move Yadi to third by hitting to the right side, and Albert could hit a lazy fly ball to medium left, with the throw being off the mark, and the BFIBs could crow about scoring runs as God intended, rather than something gauche like hitting a ball over the fence, and then,  what's worse, flipping his bat.

All plays broadcast by Costas and Smoltz, of course, so the unwashed masses outside of the Loo could be informed of its greatness.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

Everyone would have been better off had he stayed a Cardinal, even Heyward.   Instead of those bloops just over shortstop being caught with Jason not wearing Cardinal red, they would magically fall in.   Then Yadi could throw in a patented dunk hit just down the right field line and over the second baseman's head and the archetype Cardinal rally would be set in motion.  Some NPC could move Yadi to third by hitting to the right side, and Albert could hit a lazy fly ball to medium left, with the throw being off the mark, and the BFIBs could crow about scoring runs as God intended, rather than something gauche like hitting a ball over the fence, and then,  what's worse, flipping his bat.

You know, I went to baseball reference to look at Heyward's numbers as a Cardinal, and I had totally forgotten he'd only played one year in St. Louis; if you'd just asked me, I'd have thought three or four, and I remember feeling aggrieved when he left for Wrigley, but I've felt that a lot less over the years . . .

I did laugh at the "NPC," though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

You know, I went to baseball reference to look at Heyward's numbers as a Cardinal, and I had totally forgotten he'd only played one year in St. Louis; if you'd just asked me, I'd have thought three or four, and I remember feeling aggrieved when he left for Wrigley, but I've felt that a lot less over the years . . .

I did laugh at the "NPC," though!

Only the "NPC" remark?  :sad: :sad::sad:

:wink:

So I've just endured the "no announcers" broadcast by Peacock of the Royals-Tigers game. It was total shit.

First, while I understand the biases of local announcing crews, I don't really expect that from a non-local interest like Peacock, but maybe they were using some Detroit locals for the chatter? Whoever the roving woman reporter was, I'm surprised she was able to do those interviews* at all, what with her tongue so firmly down the back of the Tigers' trousers.

Not that those other knuckleheads were much better, at one point riding the carousel while providing some desultory game comments.

They all wandered around the stadium, chiming in every inning or so with something newly inane and pointless.

I tried listening to the radio broadcast while watching, but the asynchrony (about a pitch) was too much to take, so I just turned some music on. Thin Lizzy Live from the Sydney Opera House '78, if you're curious.

Anyway, Royals win, but my enjoyment was dimmed by Peacock's experiment.

(*Her interview with the merchandise vendor who's been with the Tigers since 1960 was actually kind of cool; he sounds like a real historian of Detroit and had neat stories.)

• Like 1

Watching that Cubs Red Sox game today was watching the 2006 World Series all over again.     The Red Sox scored on a dropped popup, a bases loaded walk, and a throwing error on a swinging bunt.   They had 7 infield hits.  Congratulations on the hard earned win.

:facepalm:

• The topic was unpinned