The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread

lerxt1990

4 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Classic blowup by Schwarber in the ninth!  Hernandez was all over the place, as usual.  Schwarber showed Hernandez everywhere he was missing calls…. :laugh:

Brewers win 1-0!

Missed 19 pitches, for a call percentage of 85%, including one to Segura by 6.5".

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

I don't understand why people are so hard on Angel Hernandez.

Reveal hidden contents

He is a huge inspiration for blind people all around the world.

I bet a blind person could learn the strike zone by hearing the sound of the ball impacting the glove and do a better job.

• Like 2

Those darn Brewers are still in their winter hibernation at the plate! 

Killer pitching staff, Corbin Burnes is Superman, but they CANNOT score any runs.

Still, they're 10-7 after a rough start.  All they need is some "Energy Pills" for their bats!    

Of course, tonight’s game is a slugfest.  Brewers hang on, 12-8.  :2funny:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Nolan Arenado, patiently explaining to the Mets the right way to hit a batter -- low, not up around the head -- incites a benches-clearing push fest. Cardinals win.

The Royals, meanwhile, having won one game in a row, decided to roll over for the White Sox and let them end an eight-game losing streak. That's sportsmanship!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tinwoodsman said:

Otay!

Brewers have finally remembered how to hit the baseball…..at the Cubs’ expense.

Yelich is even hitting them out! 

11-1

9-1

21 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Brewers have finally remembered how to hit the baseball…..at the Cubs’ expense.

Yelich is even hitting them out! 

11-1

9-1

So after scoring 20, the Brewers have their SuperAce, Corbin Burnes, on the mound today.  

Cubs 2

Brewers 0

:facepalm:

• Like 1

Split with the white and now on to the slumping red at home.  Still, so far so good and better than I expected for even the first month.  Arte may be bad but he's not as bad as Castellini for the Reds.  He is not looking so good with some of his recent comments about the fanbase.

1 hour ago, BastillePark said:

Even the Cubs have won a World Series since the Yankees last one. :blink: 

We have won 2 since the cubs last World Series championship.  They were just credited to the cheating b****** Red Sox and Astros.  A-Rod was unjustly suspended for a year and we would have won that year as well,  so I count that 1 too. Oh. And then there was that damn 10-minute plague of bugs in Cleveland.  I think that gives us 31. Yep, sounds about right😁

I found 7 or 8 more as well going back to about 1960 or so.

Edited by edhunter
Because we are better than you!

8 hours ago, edhunter said:

We have won 2 since the cubs last World Series championship.  They were just credited to the cheating b****** Red Sox and Astros.  A-Rod was unjustly suspended for a year and we would have won that year as well,  so I count that 1 too. Oh. And then there was that damn 10-minute plague of bugs in Cleveland.  I think that gives us 31. Yep, sounds about right😁

Are those your version of "stop the steal"?  :1:

8 hours ago, edhunter said:

Don't forget that they should already have won this year's Series if Gerritt Cole would have been able to take the mound when he was scheduled to instead of having to wait four minutes...you can't be expected to win under those conditions.

Funny you would bring up 1960, if Ford Frick wouldn't have insisted on breaking up the 63 scheduled innings in that series into artificial constructs called "games", the Bombers would have rightfully taken that one too.

6 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Don't forget that they should already have won this year's Series if Gerritt Cole would have been able to take the mound when he was scheduled to instead of having to wait four minutes...you can't be expected to win under those conditions.

Funny you would bring up 1960, if Ford Frick wouldn't have insisted on breaking up the 63 scheduled innings in that series into artificial constructs called "games", the Bombers would have rightfully taken that one too.

I was thinking more about the Kubek grounder on that gravel pit of an infield. But I like the conspiracy angle too!

• The title was changed to The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread
  • The topic was unpinned