The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread

lerxt1990

f**k playoff expansion

f**k advertising on uniforms

Playoff expansion bugs me. Its already too big, and too big in all sports.... I get why they want to, but I think its a bad idea.

The advertisement is something that would have happened in Idiocracy. Get that NASCAR bull shit out of here.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

f**k playoff expansion

Playoff expansion bugs me. Its already too big, and too big in all sports.... I get why they want to, but I think its a bad idea.

The advertisement is something that would have happened in Idiocracy. Get that NASCAR bull shit out of here.

I might be old fashioned, but I think whoring out the actual uniforms is too much. I can live w the Nike swoosh only bc they made a deal involving the uniforms and the mfg of them (and small logos, majestic and others were always there), but putting ads on the players is, in my mind, too much and takes away from the game. Instead of finding new revenue streams, they should live within their enormous means, and figure out what they need to do and get on with it. The greed here is unbelievable.

Edited by lerxt1990
  • Like 5

I don't want to say the Red Sox are struggling, but now they're just pulling random fans from the stands to play. This one should have agreed to keep his opinions to himself, though.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-red-sox/2022/02/26/red-sox-release-brett-netzer-racist-homophobic-anti-semitic-chaim-bloom-tweets/

f**k playoff expansion

I might be old fashioned, but I think whoring out the actual uniforms is too much. I can live w the Nike swoosh only bc they made a deal involving the uniforms and the mfg of them (and small logos, majestic and others were always there), but putting ads on the players is, in my mind, too much and takes away from the game. Instead of finding new revenue streams, they should live within their enormous means, and figure out what they need to do and get on with it. The greed here is unbelievable.

This isn't Formula 1 or association football. No ads on the uni's

• Like 1

I don't want to say the Red Sox are struggling, but now they're just pulling random fans from the stands to play. This one should have agreed to keep his opinions to himself, though.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-red-sox/2022/02/26/red-sox-release-brett-netzer-racist-homophobic-anti-semitic-chaim-bloom-tweets/

“It’s safe to say Red Sox fans have been shocked by the comments of a former player,” Celluci wrote in a tweet.

Seeing as the average age of the Sox fan base is 85, most of them have no idea about the tweet.

f**k these owners

...and the players as well. The average player salary is over $4 million a year. The top players range from $30 million to $43 million a year.

To Hell with all of them.

• Like 3

f**k these owners

...and the players as well. The average player salary is over $4 million a year. The top players range from $30 million to $43 million a year.

Yes, but! It's the owners who have locked the players out, and why should the players settle for getting less of a growing whole? The owners are making more money at a faster rate -- and it's the players who are, you know, doing the actual work fans pay to see.

The amounts of money are obscene, of course, but it's got to be relative -- we can't throw absolute numbers around like we're talking about teachers or nurses or firefighters here! ;)

• Like 2

f**k these owners

Yes, but! It's the owners who have locked the players out, and why should the players settle for getting less of a growing whole? The owners are making more money at a faster rate -- and it's the players who are, you know, doing the actual work fans pay to see.

The amounts of money are obscene, of course, but it's got to be relative -- we can't throw absolute numbers around like we're talking about teachers or nurses or firefighters here! ;)

"Doing the work" of playing a childs game.

f**k these owners

"Doing the work" of playing a childs game.

Again, still, yes, it's a game! It's inherently ridiculous! Welcome to capitalism -- things don't have to make sense. For whatever reason, we have an implicit agreement that grown men playing a children's game will be hugely compensated. But it does not necessarily follow that such a person cannot, therefore, be screwed by even more outlandishly compensated oligarchs.

End this lockout!

f**k these owners

;)

How important is the unseen work the owners do? Very, I'd say.

f**k these owners

Hated my owner for awhile and this just adds to it. Arte Moreno has been a cheapskate for quite sometime and doesn't care for the poor treatment the minor leaguers get in terms of food and shelter among many other things.

f**k these owners

;)

Oh, this is always management's theory, but every business school in the country, from Harvard to Stanford, is cranking out MBAs every year, and while the unseen work may be important, the owners could be easily substituted. I'm not sure how to calculate the WARO (wins above replacement owner), but if a pitcher can be replaced by a better pitcher, he is; the same is not true for the owners.

I'd wager the owner of any club could be replaced more easily and seamlessly than any player in the organization.

• Like 1

f**k these owners

;)

Oh, this is always management's theory, but every business school in the country, from Harvard to Stanford, is cranking out MBAs every year, and while the unseen work may be important, the owners could be easily substituted. I'm not sure how to calculate the WARO (wins above replacement owner), but if a pitcher can be replaced by a better pitcher, he is; the same is not true for the owners.

I'd wager the owner of any club could be replaced more easily and seamlessly than any player in the organization.

I'm guessing there are enough replacement players to fill an entire minor league.

Both sides are doing their best to ruin the game again.

Nothing like millionaires arguing over money during an economic crisis. Hey, maybe we turn the stadiums into homeless shelters since they're empty. :cheerleader:
  • Like 2

Nothing like millionaires and billionaires arguing over money during an economic crisis. Hey, maybe we turn the stadiums into homeless shelters since they're empty. :cheerleader:

FIFY

• Like 2

Nothing like millionaires arguing over money during an economic crisis. Hey, maybe we turn the stadiums into homeless shelters since they're empty. :cheerleader:

Especially Chavez Ravine for the skid row in downtown L.A. and Angel Stadium for those near the Santa Ana River. Wishful thinking since Arte is a cheapskate pendejo.

Edited by invisible airwave

• The title was changed to The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread
  • The topic was unpinned