The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread

lerxt1990

David Ortiz elected to HoF on first year of eligibility. Nobody else elected, including Bonds, Clemens, Schilling, or Sosa. Congratulations Big Papi.

I'm guessing Bonds will get in on one of the other committee votes.

David Ortiz elected to HoF on first year of eligibility. Nobody else elected, including Bonds, Clemens, Schilling, or Sosa. Congratulations Big Papi.

There are so many things wrong with the Hall and the voting process. Where does one start? :lol:

Without even touching the issues of steroids, gambling, etc., I just wanna know how these sportswriters can get away with not voting for players who are obviously qualified.

Only ONE player has received a unanimous vote. ONE.

• Like 2

There are so many things wrong with the Hall and the voting process. Where does one start? :lol:

Without even touching the issues of steroids, gambling, etc., I just wanna know how these sportswriters can get away with not voting for players who are obviously qualified.

Good point. But still f bonds and sosa.

And Clemens, McGwire, Palmeiro, .... all of 'em.

• Like 2

Yes. Im extra pissed at Bonds because he stole a really coveted record.

• Like 1

Yes. Im extra pissed at Bonds because he stole a really coveted record.

Largest head in baseball? Yeah, I thought Mr. Met's record would never be broken.

• Like 2

Largest head in baseball? Yeah, I thought Mr. Met's record would never be broken.

635697132461563139-reds-41-2014.05.11.jpg

• Like 2

Bob Uecker turned 88. Let's not let any of his days where games should be played go by without baseball.
  • Like 2

David Ortiz elected to HoF on first year of eligibility.

And the 2003 failed test controversy resurfaces.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.masslive.com/redsox/2022/01/red-soxs-david-ortiz-addresses-alleged-ped-use-in-2003-you-dont-know-what-anybody-tested-positive-for-hall-of-famer-says.html%3foutputType=amp

To his credit, he said this regarding Bonds and Co.: "Not having them join me at this time is something that is hard for me to believe to be honest with you,” he said when asked about Bonds and Clemens. “Those guys did it all.”

Edited by goose

https://www.google.c...?outputType=amp

To his credit, he said this regarding Bonds and Co.: "Not having them join me at this time is something that is hard for me to believe to be honest with you,” he said when asked about Bonds and Clemens. “Those guys did it all.”

Yes, as in "all the hits, all the pitches, all the 'roids, all the ointments, all the injections, all the juices."

Yes, as in "all the hits, all the pitches, all the 'roids, all the ointments, all the injections, all the juices."

Plenty of other 'roiders have been admitted, and to pretend that is not the case strikes me as ridiculous. Ironic that so many of those who profited greatly from the Roid era are now so sanctimonious.
  • Like 1

Plenty of other 'roiders have been admitted, and to pretend that is not the case strikes me as ridiculous. Ironic that so many of those who profited greatly from the Roid era are now so sanctimonious.

Granted, and I agree, but . . . the fact others are speeding too doesn't mean you don't deserve a ticket when you're speeding; you just got caught (or, in this case, incriminated and implicated . . .).

Edited by Nova Carmina

I agree with the Tony Kornheiser position: put them in, and then put it all on the plaque. Let posterity have the warts and all.

Yep. It was too big a part of the game with too many involved in every facet to pretend like Bonds' behavior was some kind of anomally.

Joe West is retired! :7up: Now if we can just get rid of Devil Hernandez.

And a few others.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread
  • The topic was unpinned