21 members have voted

1. 1. album

• Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
    • Queen - A Night At The Opera
  2. 2. band

3. 3. song

• Fleetwood Mac - The Chain
    • Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

At long last! The random poll generator has picked my favorite album of all time, and graced it with a worthy opponent! I won't be surprised if FM win this, knowing how Queen tends to turn some people off, but for me a poll has never once been easier. Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

night At the Opera

Queen

The Chain.

I love The Mac but i'm just boared to death of Rumours. Oddly enough Opera is overplayed too but i can't get enough of it, lol

However......credit where it's due. the chain kicks all kinds of ass ao i pick it for the better song.

i prefer Prophet song Over Bo-Rhap anyway. band wise queen nearly is always gonna win with me.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

night At the Opera

Queen

The Chain.

I love The Mac but i'm just boared to death of Rumours. Oddly enough Opera is overplayed too but i can't get enough of it, lol

However......credit where it's due. the chain kicks all kinds of ass ao i pick it for the better song.

i prefer Prophet song Over Bo-Rhap anyway. band wise queen nearly is always gonna win with me.

Mick

Ah you're killing me with that last pick but it's okay. Both of these are absolute titans.

I find I get interested in Mac as a whole every once in a while, and when I am they're amazing... but then for long stretches I have very little desire to hear anything by them. The Chain is probably one of the few songs I'll wholeheartedly enjoy no matter what phase I'm in with the band in general. That bassline is killer.

• Like 1

night At the Opera

Queen

The Chain.

Mick

Ah you're killing me with that last pick but it's okay. Both of these are absolute titans.

I find I get interested in Mac as a whole every once in a while, and when I am they're amazing... but then for long stretches I have very little desire to hear anything by them. The Chain is probably one of the few songs I'll wholeheartedly enjoy no matter what phase I'm in with the band in general. That bassline is killer.

And that beat in the Chain is very swamp rock. with the kickass kick drum.

Mick

• Like 2

Rumors >>>> A Night At The Opera

I like a lot more of Queen's body of work, and just watched yet another a mini documentary on their Live Aid performance. They win band easily.

A don't seek out Bohemian Rhapsody anymore, but when it comes on everyone around loves it. It brought the house down New Years Eve.

So, it's Mac-Queen-Queen in the poll

• Like 2

i'm beginning to think the mac hired a TV writer to write they're drama........it never seemed real to me, lol

anyway i can't fault anyone for picking them.....they're awesome.

lindsey's still my fav guitar player.

Mick

• Like 1

I like a lot more of Queen's body of work, and just watched yet another a mini documentary on their Live Aid performance. They win band easily.

A don't seek out Bohemian Rhapsody anymore, but when it comes on everyone around loves it. It brought the house down New Years Eve.

Was Queen's 20 minutes at Live Aid the greatest live performance of the 80s?

Yes, in the context it served.

• Like 1

The Radio Gaga segment is incredible. Show me a performance where an audience is more engaged. That includes the audience that was a continent away, mind you.
  • Like 1

The Radio Gaga segment is incredible. Show me a performance where an audience is more engaged. That includes the audience that was a continent away, mind you.

I bet you Roger had been craving that kind of engagement with one of his songs for a long long time. Glad he finally got it!

I like Fleetwood Mac, but, good grief!! ... it's Queen! ....... Queen x 3 Edited by zepphead
  • Like 1

Queen for the win.

I never owned a Fleetwood Mac album.

I'm actually a little surprised. I would think you would be a fan of at least the Peter Green era. Given what you've shared here, I'm also surprised you didn't see the Rumours tour. You've seen every other great act at its peak. :)

• Like 1