Wouldn't it be great if there was an animated or sci-fi movie based on the Rush universe, complete with a Rush soundtrack?

hripka

There's a Rush universe? All these years as a fan and I never knew. What are the names of the planets? What star does it revolve around? But most importantly can it sustain life and will I be able to travel there without any problems?

No.

Maybe?

It depends

I giggled.

Right? I suppose everybody wants to keep the guys together, in some way. But how, exactly?

• Like 1

To J2112YYZ and others,

Yes there is a Rush "universe". It forms the background for my theatrical production. See the link to my Screenplay.

From https://www.songfact...facts/rush/2112 >>>>

On the inside of the CD cover, these words are attributed to "Anonymous, 2112": "I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon. City and sky become one, merging into a single plane, a vast sea of unbroken grey. The Twin Moons, just two pale orbs as they trace their way across the steely sky. I used to think I had a pretty good life here, just plugging into my machine for the day, then watching Templevision or reading a Temple Paper in the evening. My friend Jon always said it was nicer here than under the atmospheric domes of the Outer Planets. We have had peace since 2062, when the surviving planets were banded together under the Red Star of the Solar Federation. The less fortunate gave us a few new moons. I believed what I was told, I thought it was a good life, I thought I was happy. Then I found something that changed it all..."

Edited by hripka

To J2112YYZ and others,

Yes there is a Rush "universe". It forms the background for my theatrical production. See the link to my Screenplay.

On the inside of the CD cover, these words are attributed to "Anonymous, 2112": "I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon. City and sky become one, merging into a single plane, a vast sea of unbroken grey. The Twin Moons, just two pale orbs as they trace their way across the steely sky. I used to think I had a pretty good life here, just plugging into my machine for the day, then watching Templevision or reading a Temple Paper in the evening. My friend Jon always said it was nicer here than under the atmospheric domes of the Outer Planets. We have had peace since 2062, when the surviving planets were banded together under the Red Star of the Solar Federation. The less fortunate gave us a few new moons. I believed what I was told, I thought it was a good life, I thought I was happy. Then I found something that changed it all..."

You do realize that my response was not serious in the slightest, right?

• Like 1

To J2112YYZ and others,

You do realize that my response was not serious in the slightest, right?

In the RUSH universe people ski topless while smoking dope, so irony's not really a high priority.

Screenplay is here

https://docs.google....cUqXQgoZU/edit#

Comments

I feel like you may be wondering why no one's really commenting on your screenplay and they're just cracking jokes. Most regulars here on The Rush Forum haven't historically had much interest in these kinds of passion projects. It's nothing to do with you or your work, it's just that this isn't probably the right audience to appreciate it. I'm not familiar with Rush pages on other social media sites, but I would bet you may find your audience on another site. Perhaps a place like Tumblr or Reddit. That's not to say you should give up trying to conjure any interest here. You should do what you want. I just wanted to offer you my perspective as someone who's been a regular poster here for some years.

All that said, the idea is somewhat interesting to me personally, though I glanced at the screenplay and saw it's quite long and would take me significant time to get through, which I don't really have at the very moment of posting. I will make an effort to read through it sometime soon and let you know my thoughts. If a successful Green Day musical could be made, I don't see why a successful Rush screenplay can't be written. It all depends on execution.

• Like 1