RIP, John Madden, 85

laughedatbytime

Just saw the Madden special two days ago. Glad he got to see how many of the giants of the game loved and respected him.
  • Like 2

I HATED John Madden. His damned Raiders kept beating my beloved Bengals. My early teen years were pure HELL because of him!! :rage: ;)

He was a truly a master of football.

• Like 1

A LEGEND IS GONE! It's crazy that he passed right after his amazing and incredible FOX DOC! I had tears in my eyes watching that FOX Special. Now he is gone.

I remember driving to work a few decades ago. I was on the I-680 south hopping onto the I-580! I looked over to my left and there was the MADDEN CRUISER flying right by me!

I honked and waved! It was like when I followed Neil's bus a few times to the Concord Pavilion. Of course he wasn't inside. But it was fun!!!!

RIP JOHN MADDEN! I LOVE YOU LEGEND!

RAIDERS FOREVER!!!! JUST WIN BABY!!!!

• Like 2

Madden and Summerall were doing a Bears game way back when. Jim McMahon was still da Bears’ QB. Da Bears scored a touchdown, and McMahon’s ritual was to give headbutts.

Madden talks about McMahon looking for the guy to headbutt, “Yeah, there he goes....where’s the guy, where’s the guy, where’s the guy, where’s the guy.....”..... Madden went on and on...until McMahon finally headbutted a guy. I don't remember if he said "Boom!" :D

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Just saw a funny tweet...John Madden is the reason every 13 year old boy is better at clock management than Mike McCarthy.

I've been sorry, to hear, see, and read this. I remember him as a football coach, and sportscaster. He was one of the really good guys. He'll be remembered, and missed. My condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., John. Edited by Derek19