Two years later

Charlotte7598

Still sorta hurts for me. Kinda feel like Covid has put things in a suspended state. Was hoping we’d have a tribute performance or something to properly honor the man.

I’m also very surprised that NP didn’t directly comment on his condition - no writings or dispatches of any kind.

• Like 2

I'm with chem. Covid has kinda suspended reality for me. I mean there are things that happened in the couple of years leading up to the pandemic that I can barely place on a timeline outside of "pre-Covid." I'm not sure I registered how long it had been since Neil passed until EVH passed away... and heck that was over a year ago now too! A proper tribute concert would've been grand, but I have a funny feeling Neil might have liked it better this way, the world just moving on without him.
  • Like 2

I'll take an occasional pause, give the occasional "sigh" and then get back to what I was doing.

I do the same when I think about Carl Sagan and a few other people who have greatly inspired me. :)

• Like 4

I’m also very surprised that NP didn’t directly comment on his condition - no writings or dispatches of any kind.

I think if I were a known musician as he was, I would have handled it the way he did.

I have quite a bit of respect for his friends sitting on it until after he was gone. It is truly a great thing to know that people out there will do that for you if asked.

• Like 3

I'll take an occasional pause, give the occasional "sigh" and then get back to what I was doing.

I do the same when I think about Carl Sagan and a few other people who have greatly inspired me. :)

This

Edited by Fridge
  • Like 2

There's a guy that has a "RIP Neil Peart" and the years he lived in what must be permanent white stuff (considering how much it rains here) on his rear window that I see around town. (I'll try to get a picture one of these days). It always tends to re-hit me if you will when I see his car.
  • Like 2

I think if I were a known musician as he was, I would have handled it the way he did.

I have quite a bit of respect for his friends sitting on it until after he was gone. It is truly a great thing to know that people out there will do that for you if asked.

But he was also a writer and someone who explored the idea of death many times.

This guy wrote Time Stand Still and the Garden.

His perspective would be an important one.

• Like 2

We are the next old people. How did that happen?

Aren't you beginning to feel time gaining on you? It's like a predator. It's stalking you.

Oh, you can try and outrun it with doctors, medicines, new technologies, but in the end, time is going to hunt you down and make the kill.

-- Tolian Soran (Star Trek: Generations)

• Like 4

I think about it a lot. I'm very young so I didn't have the opportunities that older people on here had to see Rush many times, or even meet them in some of your lucky cases. I still think about the passage of time though and how Neil's death impacted me.

My lifelong drumming hero. Now one of too many reminders that life is fleeting. As more people and things from my youth leave us or end, thoughts of my own mortality, I find, are more common. We are the next old people. How did that happen?

• Like 4

I think about it a lot. I'm very young so I didn't have the opportunities that older people on here had to see Rush many times, or even meet them in some of your lucky cases. I still think about the passage of time though and how Neil's death impacted me.

My lifelong drumming hero. Now one of too many reminders that life is fleeting. As more people and things from my youth leave us or end, thoughts of my own mortality, I find, are more common. We are the next old people. How did that happen?

• Like 2

Neil is my lifelong drumming mentor too. Well since 1980 when I was 12. Life goes on, but I will always have a bit of sadness in my heart, my mind, and my soul from his premature passing. Yet happiness remains knowing I can play his drum parts to the immense intense Rush Catalog!

GOAT FOREVER

Greatest

Of

All

Time

Freewill

Obviously

Remains

Eternal

Very

Everlasting

RUSH

• Like 5

Neil's passing is the second death of a music icon that I loved in my life. I still remember how much I grieved when John Lennon was murdered, it was like part of my childhood died. I became a Rush fan late in their career so I don't have as many experiences as some here do. Yet I was able to see them in concert 3 times and I never did see the Beatles :(

I think I have processed Neil's passing but then there are times when I am listening to a song or watching a YT video and it gets me that he is gone...it still can make me cry. It just seems surreal that it has been almost 2 years. Crazy times we are living in have been like a time warp. Curious that Neil left us right before the world turned upside down.

• Like 8

with my father getting very sick and dying i have not thought f it at all.

with all these musicians dying it's sad yes. but i don't know any of them beyond i like their music. so the deaths heal quicker.

not too sound cold but yea.

Mick

That's where I am with this. But I'm somewhere between regular and occasional. Keith Emerson still affects me and I was thinking about Stuart Adamson the other day. That was 20 years ago.

• Like 1

But he was also a writer and someone who explored the idea of death many times.

This guy wrote Time Stand Still and the Garden.

His perspective would be an important one.

It's possible he did and it hasn't been released yet or won't ever be. Ultimately his family would abide by his wishes.

• Like 1