Was Fountain of Lamneth played live on November 4 in Lansing?

YAJ2112

Yeah I know, count me among the obsessed with finding a recording of this live.

Anyway, was cruising around the cygnusx-1.net tour pages and decided to click on all of the concert review scans.

Link to CoS tour page:

https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/tourdates.php#CARESSOFSTEEL

There's a review of the November 4, 1975 in Lansing, Michigan where the writer (Dave Dimartino) is critical of the new material that was performed and quotes lyrics from Panacea that he says Geddy was struggling with live

Link to review scan:

https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/images/tourdates/1975-11-04.jpg

Any boots exist of this show? Has this been posted before?

• Like 1

While not 100% absolute audio/video recording, I believe that article is the best evidence that at least parts of TFOL were played live. There was a poster here who I have forgotten his handle, said he saw Rush on every tour since the beginning and he said they played parts of Lamneth, just not consecutively. I believe him and this article.
  • Like 2

Somewhere in the Rush forum there is a thread that I started that links to an article about a Michigan date. The review quotes some No One at the Bridge lyrics as being sung that evening. I thought that came close to proof. As well there's a poster some where here who had seen every tour since the beginning and he said they definitely played parts of Lamneth, but not consecutively. Sorry I can't find the thread to link

so the search was a bit easier than I thought

http://www.therushfo...ain-of-lamneth/

you will tell form the responses that it's a hard sell to convince people

The way the author quotes the lyrics so precisely (and also claims that Geddy screamed through Panacea) tells me he just grabbed the liner notes while writing the article and chose a chunk of lyrics at random. There's no way he remembered those lines from a live set.

Sorry, I'm going to count myself in the 'hard sell' category. :)

I'll just quote myself here...

• Like 2

I find it likely that the band at least experimented with playing parts of it live. I don't however believe that Panacea is what they would have thrown into their otherwise high energy set. Not buying it.

As far as remembering specifics from a show almost 40 years later.... I remember some things from the first time I saw them at MSG on the p/g tour. For example, during Barchetta Geddy sung the partial line "Spin around" (left off the "with sqeualing tires") . A wireless Lerxst jumped in the air and did a full 360. :)

• Like 2

As far as remembering specifics from a show almost 40 years later.... I remember some things from the first time I saw them at MSG on the p/g tour. For example, during Barchetta Geddy sung the partial line "Spin around" (left off the "with sqeualing tires") . A wireless Lerxst jumped in the air and did a full 360. :)

Would NOT like to leap and spin in the air with a guitar on my shoulder. Good way to mess up your knees!

I find it likely that the band at least experimented with playing parts of it live. I don't however believe that Panacea is what they would have thrown into their otherwise high energy set. Not buying it.

Sounds reasonable to me. It could have been tried in some form during a rehearsal or soundcheck. That may have been as far as it got. That era is just a total black hole.

• Like 3