3 members have voted

1. 1. How do you take tempo?

• Original, fun and head nodding.
    • Down tempo, edgy and misanthropic.
    • With extra cream and sugar.
    • Essential oils.

I'M SO DONE WITH THE DOWN TEMPO FAD.

OVER IT, BRAH.

This isn't hate for Anya Taylor-Joy, she's super talented and shagalicious. I still think Last Night in SoHo might be a fun film.

Taylor caught my ire 'cause I'm feed up with this down tempo BORING SHIT fad.

MAKE UP TEMPO GREAT AGAIN?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv5nd-3BRr4

VS.

I used to like a nice tempo, every now and then. But soon that wasn't enough, and the tempo had to get faster, and faster, and faster. Soon, even speed metal seemed like a dirge. I knew I had a problem and needed help.

I've been tempo free for 1107 days now, thanks to TA, and I've never been happier or my thinking clearer. Still, I sometimes find myself nodding along, sucked in by some alluring upbeat tempo -- but get thee behind me, Petula Clark!

I abstain.

I take my daily dose of tempos from the metronome app with a kick and hat click. For obvious reasons, it's not yet an upbeat tempo.

not-quite-my-tempo2.jpg

As a musician I hate that movie, lol.

I like it for the acting and dialogue, but I have to suspend disbelief for much of the music stuff.

I just can't get past the music stuff. Like, the director's perspective is so antithetical what making music is all about. It makes my skin crawl. I guess that's the reaction they were going for though.

not-quite-my-tempo2.jpg

As a musician I hate that movie, lol.

After hearing about what a punk Teller is in real life, those scenes where JK torments him are even more enjoyable. He's basically the new Shia LaBarf.

Well, I wouldn't go calling anyone the new Shia before they chase you half naked through the woods and attempt to murder you with an axe so they can eat you... then get a musical number written about it.

I wasn't aware there was a down tempo fad happening. I will definitely go with the original. The song is supposed to have a positive and happy vibe about it. Slowing it down makes the song lose its meaning.

It is a real thing in film soundtracks and trailers for films.

I wasn't aware there was a down tempo fad happening. I will definitely go with the original. The song is supposed to have a positive and happy vibe about it. Slowing it down makes the song lose its meaning.

It is a real thing in film soundtracks and trailers for films.

Oh, I have noticed that now that you mentioned it. I was thinking about in the music world.