Rocky Kuner left YYNot

chemistry1973

The split was amicable.

I know we all don’t want to speculate.....but I have been in a few very serious original projects in my life too.....and things happen. In this case my gut feeling is telling me a few things.

The rigorous touring and traveling maybe gave Rocky some pause. But I also think the biggest factor for her was her own musical path. She is just 26 years young and saw the fan base of YYNOT was pretty much late 40 and 50 somethings who love Rush.

Dad Rock.

She has a lot of other influences and I can feel a different path for her musical journey. And I totally understand that. She needs to find her “thing”.

There is a lot of vocal talent in our country that can be recruited if they are a progressive music lover, want to step into a band with a well established fan base and some serious chops.....I don’t think they will have too much trouble finding an older (but not too old) new voice. And who knows....maybe they go with a male for the next album. Or not.

I am already looking forward to the next album.

Being bluntly honest in your objective appraisal, I can imagine being creeped out as an attractive female performing in front of a bunch of dudes as old as my dad undressing me with their minds. It's one thing to feel sexy as a performer in front of your peers and own it, it's another to be ogled by old nerds.

Edited by stoopid

The split was amicable.

I know we all don’t want to speculate.....but I have been in a few very serious original projects in my life too.....and things happen. In this case my gut feeling is telling me a few things.

The rigorous touring and traveling maybe gave Rocky some pause. But I also think the biggest factor for her was her own musical path. She is just 26 years young and saw the fan base of YYNOT was pretty much late 40 and 50 somethings who love Rush.

Dad Rock.

She has a lot of other influences and I can feel a different path for her musical journey. And I totally understand that. She needs to find her “thing”.

There is a lot of vocal talent in our country that can be recruited if they are a progressive music lover, want to step into a band with a well established fan base and some serious chops.....I don’t think they will have too much trouble finding an older (but not too old) new voice. And who knows....maybe they go with a male for the next album. Or not.

I am already looking forward to the next album.

Being bluntly honest in your objective appraisal, I can imagine being creeped out as an attractive female performing in front of a bunch of dudes as old as my dad undressing me with their minds. It's one thing to feel sexy as a performer in front of your peers and own it, it's another to be ogled by old nerds.

This makes sense - and I saw some weird, fawning bald dudes on a couple videos. I could definitely see that as being a reason.

However - she should’ve hung in there - no question the crowds could get younger as they get bigger. Just the way it goes. She has a great vibe onstage and Billy is a smart musician. It’s a good combo that I hope they revisit.

I was wrong, it wasn't a disaster at all.

She sounds fantastic.

Wow!

Like you, I was all doom and gloom. Patty would be great for the band if it is a permanent thing.
  • Like 2

She slayed it.......I hope she becomes a permanent member. Their next album will be.....HEAVY.
  • Like 2

She is so damn awesome.....I have been watching all the videos and she fit’s like a glove. I really hope this becomes permanent for the band. I can only imagine the new music with her on the vox.......it will sizzle.
  • Like 1

Just an update, saw this on Facebook, it seems Rocky has found another Rush tribute band, Mood Lifters to perform with, just did a show last weekend along with a Joan Jett Tribute band.  https://moodliftersrushtribute.com/

They are pretty good (but the bass player isn't as good as Tim), here's a new link they just put up

Edited by Rhyta

20 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Just an update, saw this on Facebook, it seems Rocky has found another Rush tribute band, Mood Lifters to perform with, just did a show last weekend along with a Joan Jett Tribute band.  https://moodliftersrushtribute.com/

They are pretty good (but the bass player isn't as good as Tim), here's a new link they just put up

Hmm 🤔 … that’s quite a surprise as a lot of folks had guessed - as it now turns out incorrectly - that she wanted a change in musical direction. 

On 7/20/2022 at 2:39 AM, Rhyta said:

Okay, maybe some bad blood lead them to part?

On 7/20/2022 at 6:31 PM, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

Hmm 🤔 … that’s quite a surprise as a lot of folks had guessed - as it now turns out incorrectly - that she wanted a change in musical direction. 

Patty also has her own thing going on....as well as Billy etc. These guys have multiple projects. 

I think Rocky still is trying and doing her own thing.....but you gotta eat too. So a Rush Tribute gig can help you know....pay some bills. 

• Like 1

As I would have guessed, Rocky does a great job on this ........ just wish she was still doing it with YYNOT !!

On 7/22/2022 at 7:32 AM, zepphead said:

As I would have guessed, Rocky does a great job on this ........ just wish she was still doing it with YYNOT !!

Each of them has a unique voice, I wish both well.  I do love Patty's rendition of Closer to the Heart in 2019

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Each of them has a unique voice, I wish both well.  I do love Patty's rendition of Closer to the Heart in 2019

Gosh! I had forgotten about this! So beautiful.

I hope Patty gets to make an album with YYNOT. It would be interesting to hear how that would turn out.

• Like 1