Rocky Kuner left YYNot

chemistry1973

The gal who is going to fill in for her does a great cover of Closer to the Heart, I think she will do a good job.

That's fine if they were still just a Rush cover band. But they have three albums of original music now too. Anybody can sing somebody else's songs but can she write and sing her own melodies like Rocky did?

Huge blow to the band. They really were hitting a nice stride too with their own material.

• Like 1

The gal who is going to fill in for her does a great cover of Closer to the Heart, I think she will do a good job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nHrebOp5rs&ab_channel=PattyPerShayla

That's fine if they were still just a Rush cover band. But they have three albums of original music now too. Anybody can sing somebody else's songs but can she write and sing her own melodies like Rocky did?

Huge blow to the band. They really were hitting a nice stride too with their own material.

Patty is a song writer too with her own band. She also plays bass.

• Like 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nHrebOp5rs&ab_channel=PattyPerShayla

Patty is a song writer too with her own band. She also plays bass.

It will interesting to she how she fits in.

Is she officially the new YYNOT vocalist or just filling in to fulfil live dates etc.???

It's a pretty strange time for Rocky to leave given that they have just released a new album.

Seems like a dick move to me, but it could be for a host of different reasons.

The obvious one for me right now is a band wanting to perform live/tour and a member not wanting to/being able to.

• Like 2

We don't know what's going on though. So we can't say it's a dick move or not. Terrible timing for sure but maybe life threw some stuff at her and she needs to take care of it.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 4

Billy writes all of the vocal melodies and lyrics.

Patty is on board for the live shows we had already booked. What happens from there remains to be seen, but YYNOT will continue!

Edited by Stugotz
  • Like 8

Patty is on board for the live shows we had already booked. What happens from there remains to be seen, but YYNOT will continue!

Hi Tim!

It's Earl!

Long time no type!

I got my three signed cds a few weeks ago! Love the album!

I'm so sorry about Rocky parting ways!

I personally don't think it's a disaster.

I think you all will be fine!

I will always support you and the band!

Keep on Rocking!!!

Happy Holidaze!

RUSH ON!

• Like 3

Hi Tim!

It's Earl!

Long time no type!

Keep on Rocking!!!

Happy Holidaze!

RUSH ON!

Thank brother! Onward and upward!!!!

• Like 3

Man, this is bad news. YYNOT had such a great balance and has been one of my favorite groups over the past few years. I hope everyone is doing well. Whatever happened to cause the split, I hope people refrain from jumping to conclusions and unfairly lashing out. I just hope we continue to get more great music going forward, and I wish the best for YYNOY and Rocky! Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 2

Man, this is bad news. YYNOT had such a great balance and has been one of my favorite groups over the past few years. I hope everyone is doing well. Whatever happened to cause the split, I hope people refrain from jumping to conclusions and unfairly lashing out. I just hope we continue to get more great music going forward, and I wish the best for YYNOY and Rocky!

Thank you.

We are in no way slowing down. Nothing up to this point about YYNOT has been easy, why start now? lol

• Like 3

Hi Tim!

It's Earl!

Long time no type!

Keep on Rocking!!!

Happy Holidaze!

RUSH ON!

Thank brother! Onward and upward!!!!

You got it brother! Onward and upward!

It's time to "Turn The Page" and "Stick It Out!" "Face Up!"

Cheers!

I bet you kick ass playing that bass line on "Turn The Page!"

• Like 1

We don't know what's going on though. So we can't say it's a dick move or not. Terrible timing for sure but maybe life threw some stuff at her and she needs to take care of it.

Yeah - seems like a hasty decision when the band is on the cusp of bigger things. All things being normal, you don’t bail on a band that’s got shows booked and an album coming out. Do the shows and then split. I think Rocky is perfect for the band and I’m disappointed. She sounded like a female

Geddy! She did it tastefully too. It’s big shoes to fill

• Like 3

Tim, the Funky Biscuit shows were simply fantastic. My son and I had a fantastic time and all of you were very gracious with your time with the fans.

I have zero doubt the band will land on their feet. So much music left to create and I am looking forward to the future. This is a sudden and tough set-back but there is so much talent in this world......you guys will find the right fit.

Edited by Todem

Yeah - seems like a hasty decision when the band is on the cusp of bigger things. All things being normal, you don’t bail on a band that’s got shows booked and an album coming out. Do the shows and then split. I think Rocky is perfect for the band and I’m disappointed. She sounded like a female

Geddy! She did it tastefully too. It’s big shoes to fill

The split was amicable.

I know we all don’t want to speculate.....but I have been in a few very serious original projects in my life too.....and things happen. In this case my gut feeling is telling me a few things.

The rigorous touring and traveling maybe gave Rocky some pause. But I also think the biggest factor for her was her own musical path. She is just 26 years young and saw the fan base of YYNOT was pretty much late 40 and 50 somethings who love Rush.

Dad Rock.

She has a lot of other influences and I can feel a different path for her musical journey. And I totally understand that. She needs to find her “thing”.

There is a lot of vocal talent in our country that can be recruited if they are a progressive music lover, want to step into a band with a well established fan base and some serious chops.....I don’t think they will have too much trouble finding an older (but not too old) new voice. And who knows....maybe they go with a male for the next album. Or not.

I am already looking forward to the next album.

The new record is really solid (Light and Shade).....but it definitely took a more melodic vocal focused path. Some incredible gems on the album (The Mask, Fall From The Sky, Burning Bridge and Firefly for me are the real stand outs). But it is my least favorite of the three albums now that I have really given it a ton of spins. The production feels more restrained, especially with the rhythm section in terms of where it is in the mix.

I really enjoy it....but for me not their strongest work front to back. That would belong to the debut. Resonance is sonically the best....the sound and production on that album is simply delicious. Everything sounded crisp, thick and the drums were recorded amazingly well. And so much strong material on Resonance.....The debut and their 2nd album are really close for me.

Each album has it’s own character and flavor which is the sign of a great progressive rock band. Each album definitely has a unique mood and sonic feel. I love that.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1