Michael Nesmith RIP

custom55

What does that mean anyway - "died from natural causes"?

At the time they wrote the article the cause hadn't been confirmed. Last I saw it was heart failure.

I will always think of him as "Wool Hat". I had a pen pal in England when they were popular and she said that was what the fans over there called him. Also they got some folks angry when they played a song called Randy Scouse Git, Mickey didn't realize it wasn't such a nice thing to call someone. I wasn't as crazy about them as the Beatles but they had happy songs and the show was funny. RIP :rose:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 6

RIP, Mike. :rose: I always enjoyed watching him- my sister and I had the first 2 Monkee albums. Interesting guy- he wrote "Different Drum" for the Monkees and had it rejected because it didn't sound like a Monkee song. He found a good person to record it- Linda Ronstadt.

Great song! I had this version on 7"...

RIP Mike :(

• Like 1

I used to watch the show reruns in the 80s when I was young. Also he was responsible for getting one of my favorite movies out...Repo Man!

RIP. :rose:

That John Wayne scene is hilarious with one of my favorite character actors, Tracey Walter. His friendship with Jack Nicholson got him his Batman role.

He also deserves credit for the origins of MTV.

https://www.npr.org/2021/12/10/622582336/mike-nesmith-obituary

• Like 3

What does that mean anyway - "died from natural causes"?

A long time ago I read a funny book entitled, "The Gang Who Couldn't Shoot Straight." One of the things I remember in it was a guy was described as dying of natural causes because "your heart naturally stops when there are 14 knives stuck in it", or something to that effect.

• Like 2

"What am I doin hangin round? I should be on that train and gone,

I should be riding on that train to San Antone, what am I doin hanging round?"

RIP, Michael.

Good song. Mike had some serious songwriting chops. It may seem like I have been joking during all the Beatles vs. Stones coversations that I always put in for the Monkees, but I was serious. They had some of the best music of the '60's.

RIP, Papa Nez.

• Like 2