Alex at the 2021 Andy Kim Christmas show

dream & vapour

Here's a clip of Alex performing amidst the plethora of talent at tonight's Massey Hall show. They cover Led Zeppelin's The Battle of Evermore and Stairway to Heaven (with Alex picking up the Stairway solo). Cody Bowles of Crown Lands among those on vocals, with Kevin Comeau next to Alex toting Alex's white 1275.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x92C_2UhjT0

• Like 13

Alex f***ing crushed it.

The whole performance was mostly pretty good, though that one vocalist seemed clueless and lost. Crowd Lands dude was great.

Are there SIX guitar players on stage?? 2 keyboard players. A drummer and 2 percussionists? I wonder if that was enough?

Edited by chemistry1973
  • Like 2

I thought about going to this show. It was at the Massey Hall, which is reopening now with a series of unique shows by Canadian artists. This was cool, but I would have paid $150 for less than 8 minutes of Alex playing. There's a point where fandom stops making sense.
  • Like 4

I wonder how many times over the years he was playing around on one of his guitars and played that solo or if he just learned it for the performance? My guess, it was already second nature for him.
  • Like 1

I wonder how many times over the years he was playing around on one of his guitars and played that solo or if he just learned it for the performance? My guess, it was already second nature for him.

Sounded that way to me.