2021-22 college basketball thread

laughedatbytime

Its kind of disturbing how many players in this tournament are openly flashing white supremacy signs. Most of them are black. How does this happen?

Its kind of disturbing how many players in this tournament are openly flashing white supremacy signs. Most of them are black. How does this happen?

The problem runs deeper than we can imagine. Thank goodness the FBI is getting expanded surveillance powers...
  • Like 1

The problem runs deeper than we can imagine. Thank goodness the FBI is getting expanded surveillance powers...

If you don't do anything wrong, there's nothing to fear.

If you don't think anything wrong, there's nothing to fear.

fixed
  • Like 1

Anyone here actually think Iowa State is going to win?

I do! ;)

Once Chucky Hepburn went out with the ankle, the Badgers were doomed. For all the great defense that they play, they just don't have the shooters. Even their top player, Johnny Davis, doesn't have a go-to shot. They are erratic on offense. Their reserve players are horrible.

Auburn goes down, as does Wisconsin. Arizona has its hands full with TCU.

Purdue gets by Texas.

I bet Charles Barkley is drowning his sorrows tonight especially losing to a #10 seed. That leads to a #10 seed (Miami) playing #11 seed Iowa State the winner of which will probably lose to the winner of Kansas versus Providence.

Please tell me that Smokey and the Bandit song will be out of my head by the morning!?!?!

Please tell me that Smokey and the Bandit song will be out of my head by the morning!?!?!

Possibly, but the continuous renditions of Get Your Freak On are making me crabby!

Women's shocker, #10 Creighton knocks off Caitlin Clark & #2 Iowa, 64-62. No rematch with UConn for you!

I watched some highlights from the women's tournament. Some really strong play in a lot of the games...wicked outside shooting!

Only region with the top 4 seeds surviving, West.

In my bracket I have all eight teams alive from the West and South. :cheerleader:

From the East and North I have five of the eight, but had Auburn, Baylor and Kentucky in the Elite Eight. :scared:

Women's shocker, #10 Creighton knocks off Caitlin Clark & #2 Iowa, 64-62. No rematch with UConn for you!

I watched some highlights from the women's tournament. Some really strong play in a lot of the games...wicked outside shooting!

The women's game has improved exponentially over the last 20 years. Still not my favorite women's sport tho. That would be college fast pitch softball.

• Like 1

The women's game has improved exponentially over the last 20 years. Still not my favorite women's sport tho. That would be college fast pitch softball.

Good one. Another is lacrosse or field hockey. A woman with what amounts to a club or cudgel in her hands is a scary thought. 1 good swing, and it's over.

Yesterday's 2nd round, Notre Dame women obliterated Oklahoma, 108-64.

Edited by pjbear05

A woman with what amounts to a club or cudgel in her hands is a scary thought. 1 good swing, and it's over.

It’s why generations of men ran at the sight of a rolling pin. ;)

• Like 2

Good one. Another is lacrosse or field hockey. A woman with what amounts to a club or cudgel in her hands is a scary thought. 1 good swing, and it's over.

The number of blowouts in the women's Tourney is a problem in terms of maintaining viewer interest

The number of blowouts in the women's Tourney is a problem in terms of maintaining viewer interest

I'm perfectly willing to believe the quality of the women's game has improved in the last twenty years, but I'm not sure the quantity of that quality has kept up -- there are only like, six schools with a real chance to win it all. I hear commentators say that Geno Auriemma (sp?) getting UConn to the Sweet 16 for the umpteenth time is a tribute to his coaching skill, but it's also probably at least partly testimony to the lack of serious competition.

I'm perfectly willing to believe the quality of the women's game has improved in the last twenty years, but I'm not sure the quantity of that quality has kept up -- there are only like, six schools with a real chance to win it all. I hear commentators say that Geno Auriemma (sp?) getting UConn to the Sweet 16 for the umpteenth time is a tribute to his coaching skill, but it's also probably at least partly testimony to the lack of serious competition.

Great recruiting helps a ton as well.

College football suffers from a similar problem in the modern era.

• Like 1

It's a different thread, but the same is true in European soccer; it's the same dozen clubs every year -- the rich stay rich and there isn't quite enough great talent to spread it widely enough to make a difference for long.

Men's basketball has a sufficient number of would-be players around the country so that while there are perennial contenders, it's not a closed shop the way some others are -- part of what makes this tournment so much fun!

• Like 1

It's a different thread, but the same is true in European soccer; it's the same dozen clubs every year -- the rich stay rich and there isn't quite enough great talent to spread it widely enough to make a difference for long.

Men's basketball has a sufficient number of would-be players around the country so that while there are perennial contenders, it's not a closed shop the way some others are -- part of what makes this tournment so much fun!

Basketball is unique in that you only need five or six guys to really make a splash. And at the high school level one or two studs is enough for a small school to be successful.
  • Like 1