Question for Apple/Mac/iOS users

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I've heard from two TRFers in the past week that embedded YouTube videos are no longer showing up for them in other people's posts. One of them said the problem started right after an iOS update. Is anyone else having the same problem? If you are, give details -- when it started, if it followed an update, etc.

No doubt the software we're using here is becoming outdated as far as compatibility with current technologies, but I'm not sure if we're ready for another time-intensive and expensive board shutdown/update/skin and graphics redesign.

I can still see/play them on my Mac desktop but it is from 2014 (OK it looks worse in writing.) I have committed the ultimate sin, though, and I haven't updated to Monterey or whatever OS 12 is called, I think I am still running Big Sur (11.6) I'm gonna do it one of these weekends.I can see them on my phone as well but it's a Samsung so it's Android. Edited by blueschica

I haven't had any trouble on my MacBook Air 2016 or my iPhone 6ish (I really don't remember what model it is). But I, like blueschica, have not updated my systems recently.

OK, I checked out my husband's stuff, he is Mr. Apple.

His Desktop Mac is running Big Sur OS 11.6. In Firefox (94.0.2) I can see and play youtube videos.

In Safari (15.0) I CANNOT see or play youtube videos. Both of these are the newest versions.

So maybe the problem is the newest Safari? IDK, I'm not real techie.

His iPad is running 14.8 OS. I couldn't find what version of Safari it is running, but it played the youtube videos just fine.

Neither of us has iPhones.

Edited by blueschica

OK, I checked out my husband's stuff, he is Mr. Apple.

His Desktop Mac is running Big Sur OS 11.6. In Firefox (94.0.2) I can see and play youtube videos.

In Safari (15.0) I CANNOT see or play youtube videos. Both of these are the newest versions.

So maybe the problem is the newest Safari? IDK, I'm not real techie.

His iPad is running 14.8 OS. I couldn't find what version of Safari it is running, but it played the youtube videos just fine.

Neither of us has iPhones.

This is all useful info. What's working and what isn't, and which iOS and browsers are being used, etc. The more people who can chime in the better.

• Like 1

I cannot see videos at all on my iPad or iPhone.

I’m on the latest version of iPad, 15.1. I have the latest version of Safari. I usually sign in in Desktop view but have the same issue in mobile view. I’ve checked to see if anything is blocking the videos but content blockers are turned off for this site.

I’m wondering if it’s something to do with permission to track across websites, something specific to YouTube or the forum itself?

Edited by Tony R

1642045487[/url]' post='4982041']

I can’t see videos on my iPad. I’m using whatever the most recent update is.

I’ve still got the issue but am going to try Firefox.

Edited by Tony R

Sorry I'm a bit late to this thread, and sorry if I complicate things a bit more: I'm not an Apple user but I can't see the videos, either. I can, though, on my android tablet, so I've always assumed I've done something screwy with my Chrome settings . . .

Got a new phone recently, so of course it’s on the latest iOS. I can no longer see embedded videos on my phone. Still works fine on my old MacBook.