Paul Gilbert

Rod in Toronto

Paul Gilbert is a genius. He's been on an amazing path with his solo albums lately. The most recent one is called 'Twas, and consists of versions of Christmas carols, with new material which is also on the same Christmas spirit.

I'm no Rick Beato, but I did a good interview with Paul to promote this album. Hope you like it:

If you can leave a comment on the video, that would be of great help!

• Like 3

Paul is one of those "best guitarists you've never heard of" figures in rock music.

I believe John 5 belongs in the same category. I went to see him without knowing much about what to expect, and left completely amazed. He can play, and puts on a great show!!!

Paul is one of those "best guitarists you've never heard of" figures in rock music.

I believe John 5 belongs in the same category. I went to see him without knowing much about what to expect, and left completely amazed. He can play, and puts on a great show!!!

I've heard of him too.

• Like 2

I've heard of him!

I've heard of him too.

Me too!

• Like 2

Gilbert is possibly my favourite "shredder". The Mr. Big debut is a stone cold classic & he has been consistently good throughout his career. The Racer X stuff is awesome.

Also his last album that dropped a few months ago is top notch. Werewolves of Portland :guitar:

He's been on an incredible roll lately, and has completely reinvented his career with the last 3 or 4 releases. I'll be honest, I wasn't too excited about a Christmas album with guitar versions of the songs - it's been done before, and I didn't think we needed another one. But he deconstructed those songs and made them into completely different ones.

Let me now what you think of the interview, man!