• Runnin' With The Devil
    • Eruption
    • Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    • I'm The One
    • Atomic Punk
  3. 3. EXECUTE!

• Feel Your Love Tonight
    • On Fire

Back at it! This time we had a tie for elimination, so you get to pick which of the two eliminated parties gets EXECUTED in the Rock Colosseum (props if you watch that series on YT).

For me, Feel Your Love Tonight is one of the weakest songs on the LP. I still love it, but it's far too streamlined. On Fire may be a bit grating in the wrong context, but I've just gotta love the energy!

As for the regular voting...I'm actually not sure... you see to me Runnin' With The Devil and Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love are on the overrated side of the VH catalogue, but they are great. Meanwhile Eruption is just as powerful today as it must've been in 1978, but there's so little of it there to vote for! Meanwhile do I prefer I'm The One for that barbershop quartet glory, or Atomic Punk for VH concocting some 1980s cyber punk comic book world via a killer little number that flirts with metal? And do I like them better than the hits? I just don't know...

Back at it! This time we had a tie for elimination, so you get to pick which of the two eliminated parties gets EXECUTED in the Rock Colosseum (props if you watch that series on YT).

ayyyyyy
  • Like 1

For me, Feel Your Love Tonight is one of the weakest songs on the LP. I still love it, but it's far too streamlined. On Fire may be a bit grating in the wrong context, but I've just gotta love the energy!

As for the regular voting...I'm actually not sure... you see to me Runnin' With The Devil and Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love are on the overrated side of the VH catalogue, but they are great. Meanwhile Eruption is just as powerful today as it must've been in 1978, but there's so little of it there to vote for! Meanwhile do I prefer I'm The One for that barbershop quartet glory, or Atomic Punk for VH concocting some 1980s cyber punk comic book world via a killer little number that flirts with metal? And do I like them better than the hits? I just don't know...

I bought the record before I knew any of the songs and it wasn`t the hits that stood out. That hasn`t changed over the 30+ years since.
  • Like 2

Feel Your Love Tonight would be in my top 3 from the album. Sure it's not as much of a slammer as other tracks, but it's so damn catchy and it has one of my favorite EVH solos.

I'm The One is not only the best track on the debut, it's among VH's best period. So it BETTER not go! ;)

As cool as it is, I'd say lose Eruption. I'm done with ATBL too. Great tune, but I've just heard it too much.

• Like 1

You can obviously vote against great songs that you've heard too much...but you also can't, I'm sorry!

I've always loved all the songs on this album but was happy to see the covers go early because i didn't think they added much to my enjoyment when I listen to this, even though I like them too.

Every other song is a killer in my mind that it's difficult to choose. I wouldn't have eliminated Jame's Crying nor Little Dreamer before this lot, necessarily but it's a tough call. Guitar playing on On Fire is On Fire but the vocal part just doesn't do as much for me whereas the guitar playing on all tracks is on fire for the most part!