Dear Santa- I want the new Rush Poster book!

blueschica

I got an email from the Rush Backstage store today. A Rush poster book is being released on December 1st! It's called "Rush Gigs- Found On The Studio Walls And In Concert Halls." It looks like it could be a good one!

"Over Rush’s long 45+ year history, they played everywhere from “drop-ins” in suburban Toronto to the largest stadiums across the world. Along the way, many bar owners, local newspapers, club designers, and large entertainment conglomerates advertised these shows, these “gigs”- in magazines and marquees and myriad other places.

Within these pages, you’ll learn about the first time Neil Peart ever took the stage with Rush, how Santa Claus (!) opened for Rush, and just how extensive their touring really was. You’ll see ads and gig posters promoting everything from Rush’s first concert in America to the largest crowd they ever played (a benefit show in Toronto) to their final act, at the fabled Forum in Los Angeles. A must for fans of one of the most storied rock acts of all time, Rush."

It is 11 x 14 and 208 pages. Cost is $59.99 for the regular edition. The $249.99 Autographed by Alex and Geddy edition is already sold out (coming soon to Ebay near you. :( ). I hope the printing and paper quality is good! https://www.rushback...edition?cp=null

tjNCdLbm.png. C9rCHOhl.png pDUZqBEl.png

• Like 4

I just preordered it along with the Golden Ale t-shirt and the Clockwork Angels Clockwork Sphere t-shirt.

I chose the International Priority 6 to 16 days shipping so hopefully if it ships at the start of December I will have it for Christmas!

Edited by zepphead

I want one!!!

C9rCHOhl.png

That looks like an error on the Glasgow page. The caption says June 12th 1977, but the two dates on the poster were from the Permanent Waves tour in 1980.

Oh no! I'd like to think it was better researched than that, but that's what it looks like.

• Like 1

C9rCHOhl.png

That looks like an error on the Glasgow page. The caption says June 12th 1977, but the two dates on the poster were from the Permanent Waves tour in 1980.

Oh no! I'd like to think it was better researched than that, but that's what it looks like.

This is interesting ... whilst the dates suggest the 1980 tour, the ticket prices correspond to pricing for the 1977 tour.
  • Like 1

C9rCHOhl.png

This is interesting ... whilst the dates suggest the 1980 tour, the ticket prices correspond to pricing for the 1977 tour.

That's a good point. You can google image search the ticket stubs from both 1977 and 1980 to see the difference (a whopping £4.50 for the Permanent Waves tour).

Not sure what's going on with that poster then. Has it been put together retrospectively I wonder?

• Like 3

C9rCHOhl.png

That's a good point. You can google image search the ticket stubs from both 1977 and 1980 to see the difference (a whopping £4.50 for the Permanent Waves tour).

Not sure what's going on with that poster then. Has it been put together retrospectively I wonder?

I must do some further investigation, either it is a retrospective creation or maybe there was some sort of date confusion at the time. I'll see what I can find out.
  • Like 2

So having had a browse on the Internet I found two posters -

A 1977 Glasgow poster on Cygnus-X1.net and

an 1980 poster (not Glasgow but Hammersmith from a few nights before) -

mg4HG7.jpg

The 1977 poster is certainly similar to the one in the book (colour, layout and pricing) but it shows the name of the support and also the correct date.

• Like 3

I got the book this weekend. It's OK. Some cool posters. Not a must-buy like some of the other Rush books but worth having in the collection.

Same. TBH, after going through it I wish I could undo the order. It's allright, but nothing special.

• Like 2

wondering if anybody got theirs yet

Finally got my golden ale shirt last week. Looks great! Will probably wear it this weekend.

but did you get the book yet?

Wasn't planning on it to be honest. Didn't find it to be of enough interest sadly.

• Like 1