What do you think of "Fly From Here"

ST3V

Does Fly From here soar, or does it have a broken wing (or 2)?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. FFH

• its a MASTERPIECE! TOP 5 YES ALBUM! If possible I would let Trevor Horn and Geoff Downes become my adoptive parents!
    • i love it! it's better than that 9012sh*te crap!
    • i really enjoy it, its the best Post-80s Yes album
    • i like it a lot, but its not the best Post-80s Yes album
    • i just like it. nothing too special
    • i like the music, but Benoit David on vocals makes me wanna tear my ears off. at least Chris leads on one song.
    • NO JON, NO YES!
    • NO JON (Davison), NO YES!
    • only a few good songs, not a big fan of it
    • i like the Fly From Here suite. the rest of the album can fly far far away from here
    • not my thing. i enjoy looking at the beautiful album art more.
    • WORST ALBUM EVER! This must be a torture method in some other country...
    • My name is Earl and I can never listen to a Yes album again after being traumatized by seeing Chris Squire's cock and balls through his black spandex at a Yes show in 2011.

I know people here on the Forum enjoyed the most recent Yes album "The Quest", the first without The Fish, Chris Squire. Heaven and Earth was a weak album, I don't think it's bad, but its just not enough, and people tend to ignore it. Easily the worst Yes album since the debut back in '69. But Fly From Here seems to be an album that people ignore as well, probably because Jon Anderson isn't on it.

But I really enjoy it. I believe Benoit David does a very good job vocally (he was trained by Trevor Horn, since Horn was very specific on how he wanted the vocals to sound), but I have no lineup bias. It's not the best Post-80s Yes album, but the "Fly From Here" suite is certainly the best post-80s Yes song, or at least my favorite.

This got me very curious on how other prog fans view this album; beginning to wonder whether or not I was in the minority here.