RUSH of a feeling !

Saint NIck

After a great day at work, I get home and receive a text message from my parish priest Father Chris: "...Hey Nick I flipped on the radio and switched stations and ran right into the middle of RUSH - Tom Sawyer. Well, naturally I thought about you instantly...".

Many, if not all, of my friends know how obsessed I am with RUSH; they always tell me '...when they hear RUSH on their radio, they think of me...'.

Even in the sadness, when we all learned of Neil's passing; many posted onto my FB page, telling me '...you're the first person I thought of...'.

No, I'm certainly not the biggest RUSH fan there is; I've only gone to 13 shows since PRESTO; I have the albums, the cd's, the dvd's & blu-rays and will get whatever they choose to release in the future.

Yet, being a drummer, everybody knows how much Neil means to me; and not just his drumming, but his words and his philosophy that will live on forever.

My loved ones = relatives & friends, love to bash me about RUSH 'cause they know how much Geddy, Alex & Neil have meant and always will mean to me.

• Like 10

After a great day at work, I get home and receive a text message from my parish priest Father Chris: "...Hey Nick I flipped on the radio and switched stations and ran right into the middle of RUSH - Tom Sawyer. Well, naturally I thought about you instantly...".

Many, if not all, of my friends know how obsessed I am with RUSH; they always tell me '...when they hear RUSH on their radio, they think of me...'.

Even in the sadness, when we all learned of Neil's passing; many posted onto my FB page, telling me '...you're the first person I thought of...'.

No, I'm certainly not the biggest RUSH fan there is; I've only gone to 13 shows since PRESTO; I have the albums, the cd's, the dvd's & blu-rays and will get whatever they choose to release in the future.

Yet, being a drummer, everybody knows how much Neil means to me; and not just his drumming, but his words and his philosophy that will live on forever.

My loved ones = relatives & friends, love to bash me about RUSH 'cause they know how much Geddy, Alex & Neil have meant and always will mean to me.

I think your words are testimony to what Rush means to all of us here on the forum, and the impact they have had (and continue to have) on our lives.

I remember when Neil passed even my poor old Mum, who knows nothing about rock music , rang me to say that she had heard that 'one of the chaps from that band you like so much, had passed away'.

Rush is a band that binds us together as brothers and sisters across the globe.

:Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

• Like 1

I think any day is a good day to reflect on the band.

Thank you for sharing Saint Nick. Difficult to measure degrees of "fandom". By numbers? By relatable feelings?

Cheers :)