Frozen Dinners

Lorraine

Since I no longer expend the little energy I have on cooking, I make my husband frozen dinners supplemented by the mostly rancid mealsonwheels delights.

Does anyone here have a favorite frozen dinners I can try? We stick to Marie Callenders because they really are good.

I just eat yogurt, cottage cheese, vanilla/butterscotch puddings, fuji apples with peanut butter - stuff like that. Pretzels, crackers. Nothing much.

I rather save my energy doing what I want to do on things that need to be done. Cooking for my husband from scratch is not one of them.

• Like 1

When I was younger I used to eat Hungry Man frozen dinners. Those are pretty loaded. They have like two chicken breasts, mash potatoes, corn and a brownie in it. I think they also make them with Salsbury steak and turkey strips instead of chicken. Not the healthiest thing to eat but it does fill you up.
  • Like 1

When I was younger I used to eat Hungry Man frozen dinners. Those are pretty loaded. They have like two chicken breasts, mash potatoes, corn and a brownie in it. I think they also make them with Salsbury steak and turkey strips instead of chicken. Not the healthiest thing to eat but it does fill you up.

I bought a couple of those a few months back. I'll give them another try. I do remember the brownie.

Marie Callendar's are my go to.

Any favorites?

Turkey and dressing w mashed potatoes and lasagna are excellent, but everyone's taste is different.

• Like 1

Daughter- Hungry Man chicken dinners.

My mom -- Marie Callender chicken pot pies.

Husband and I -- Stouffers Macaroni and Cheese and Stouffers French Bread pizzas- they have different varieties like 3 cheese, pepperoni, and vegetable.

A friend loves Stouffers' lasagna but I haven't had it myself. Too busy eating Mac and Cheese!

• Like 2

If they have Michael Angelo's frozen meals, the Three Cheese Baked Ziti is really good.

I nuke it 5 minutes and then dump it over a plate or bowl of some chopped bagged lettuce and halfed cherry tomatoes.

• Like 2

I like Marie Callender’s chicken broccoli Alfredo. That’s probably my favorite though the turkey and dressing is good too. I also like the Beef Merlot from Healthy Choice.
  • Like 2

Stouffers and Lean Cuisine have "bowls" with fried chicken mashed potatoes and corn with gravy all in one bowl. The first more salty if you like. just add some bread to dunk in your gravy, etc.

I think they have a steak bowl also.

• Like 1