The Lerxst Omega bluetooth speaker offer

Bahamas

Anybody a part of the recent Alex Lifeson newsletter?

The new bluetooth speaker on offer looks really interesting. At six pounds, I expect some decent sonics.

It's my first portable speaker purchase. It will take some time to ship but I am pretty excited!

So far it has some great reviews :)

(Hoping this is the appropriate place to post, I didn't see other similar posts)

Looks awesome!

Can't afford atm... but definitely something I want to look into. Could easily replace my current stereo, which belongs to my parents anyway and I need to give it back to them.

• Like 1

goose you got yours delivered already?

Sweet mother of goodness! I got the emailed link to his newsletter, saw the speaker offer and ordered it.

Then I looked closer and the day before they had sold out and would be processing new orders shortly. So bummed, but excited.

I like that it has lots of options, cabled, not cabled, probably even does the dishes when sitting idle? Nothing but the best from dear Alex :)

Seriously though, over the years friends would be over for a party or gathering and such and they would ask if they can play their "play lists".

I had micro jacks hooked up to spare amp outlets so they could plug in their phones. It always sounded really muddy and muted.

Using a mini portable blue tooth connection attachment to a home amp was also limited, it would get moody and bitch and complain some times. Not my idea of sharing music.

I also resisted the "whole home blue tooth system" of speakers throughout the home when I already invested in decent equipment for regular use.

What I am looking forward to is being able to say yup, play away. The components look great, nice and heavy unit, hoping to finally achieve some options for all the different ways to play music.

(Edit - nice homage to some ZZ Top on the shelf :) )

Edited by Bahamas
  • Like 1

That AUX input is key. I've still got iPod classics.... always making sure I can use them with new purchases.

My original iPod classic died and I got one of the rebuilt with stronger guts models on ebay like 5 yrs ago and it's still going strong. Knock wood.

• Like 4

That AUX input is key. I've still got iPod classics.... always making sure I can use them with new purchases.

My original iPod classic died and I got one of the rebuilt with stronger guts models on ebay like 5 yrs ago and it's still going strong. Knock wood.

I still have my ipod classic - best mp3 player ever. I have 4000 songs on there and play it in the car - takes about a year to get through it. It is a little finicky and a couple of times I thought I had lost it, but I managed to resuscitate it.

• Like 1

Someone figured out a way to install flash drives (think - like a camera memory card) inside an iPod classic. To replace failed mechanical hard drives.

There's kits to buy to do that yourself, or you can buy one converted. Yeah, they will pretty much last forever after that. It's possible to war out flash memory, but that's after hundreds of thousands of writes. Not likely with normal usage. ;)

I've converted 2 of mine.

I still have my ipod classic - best mp3 player ever. I have 4000 songs on there and play it in the car - takes about a year to get through it. It is a little finicky and a couple of times I thought I had lost it, but I managed to resuscitate it.

I've found that nothing 'modern' even comes close.

• Like 1

goose...

I thought you were showing off your quick delivery, so I replied as I did.

I looked through the site more and saw the same picture today.

D'oh!

And a few times I have said to friends "I posted about ordering this speaker, another forum guy posted his on his shelf to brag" because to me, that is very funny.

"And here is what it looks like on a shelf" and I felt genuinely jealous.

I got news today that mine is being shipped and FedEx is all over it, "should" arrive next Friday.

I've found that nothing 'modern' even comes close.

I got the latest iPod Touch last year (they started making them again a couple years ago) as a replacement for my iPod classic, which had turned itself into a brick, and the only thing I've found myself missing is the click wheel. The larger display shows larger artwork, the sidebar letter markers make for quick scrolling when I know exactly what I want, and access to the app store for games is much more entertaining than the three built in games on the classic. I turned off all notifications and deleted every app I could that might send or receive messages to make it as similar as possible to my old "off the grid" classic. Can't delete safari, but that's fine because sometimes its nice to just hop on the internet to look up something when I already have my iPod out. It doesn't disrupt my music so I'm happy. Plus it has an onboard speaker, which is great for when I want to play quiet music under my pillow while I sleep, or when I'm scrolling and playlist making and I don't want to bother finding my earbuds.

Oh, and then there's the biggest advantage: 256 GB. Not as large as those modified iPods with added storage or flash drives, but absolutely the most memory they've ever put in an iPod. My classic only had 160 (or was it 180?), and I believe at the time that was the most they'd ever had. I still love classics, but for me this replacement turned out to be a significant upgrade.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

It was delivered tonight. It comes with stickers!
  • Like 1

And more than a month later, I get an invoice in the mail from FedEx for $111.87.

Payable upon receipt. I'll be on hold for a while tomorrow waiting to offer a bit of my most polite disgust at such a surprise.

At least, I didn't see anything clearly showing on the order that FedEx will be sending a bill for almost a third of the price of purchase.

And more than a month later, I get an invoice in the mail from FedEx for $111.87.

Payable upon receipt. I'll be on hold for a while tomorrow waiting to offer a bit of my most polite disgust at such a surprise.

At least, I didn't see anything clearly showing on the order that FedEx will be sending a bill for almost a third of the price of purchase.

Holy cow! That's horrible!

What has happened to this bill since you wrote about it? It sure was an unpleasant surprise.

I feel obliged to call/email in on Monday to see what is happening.

I went back and forth with FedEx a couple of times, then Mojotone a couple of times.

I was asked for a copy of the FedEx invoice. I reminded Mojotone their order process includes a button to calculate delivery rates by postal code and country, which I did again to show them no additional fees were added.

So far no answers, but it might be a matter of the holidays, covid (frickin' covid, seriously) or just a dropped email chain that I am still responsible for addressing.

I did say I would post the results, yes, but it just aint solved yet.

I would say again, it is a really nice unit. Streaming high def music sounds great. Used it low for a while to let the glues and solders flex, get a sense of how it sounds.

Then with louder volumes it is very nice. I don't "blast" music, that isn't what a Bluetooth is for, in my opinion. And as I saw from the start there is no Bass Level dial. The speakers should do what they are given and it sounds really good!

• Like 1

I feel obliged to call/email in on Monday to see what is happening.

I went back and forth with FedEx a couple of times, then Mojotone a couple of times.

I was asked for a copy of the FedEx invoice. I reminded Mojotone their order process includes a button to calculate delivery rates by postal code and country, which I did again to show them no additional fees were added.

So far no answers, but it might be a matter of the holidays, covid (frickin' covid, seriously) or just a dropped email chain that I am still responsible for addressing.

I did say I would post the results, yes, but it just aint solved yet.

I would say again, it is a really nice unit. Streaming high def music sounds great. Used it low for a while to let the glues and solders flex, get a sense of how it sounds.

Then with louder volumes it is very nice. I don't "blast" music, that isn't what a Bluetooth is for, in my opinion. And as I saw from the start there is no Bass Level dial. The speakers should do what they are given and it sounds really good!

It's good to hear that you are enjoying the unit. :) Let's hope the bill will be cancelled.

• Like 1

I paid the bill today.

You can order stuff from Backstage, USA, products shipped to Canada and only pay the shipping fee that is calculated.

You can order other stuff from the USA and calculate shipping fees.

But from Mojotone, the final costs are invisible even though they show shipping costs.

Be prepared for a surprise extra cost about a third of a cost of the actual purchase.

They said they are working on software to better calculate extra costs. Funny, lots of other companies have been doing that for years.

I paid the bill today.

You can order stuff from Backstage, USA, products shipped to Canada and only pay the shipping fee that is calculated.

You can order other stuff from the USA and calculate shipping fees.

But from Mojotone, the final costs are invisible even though they show shipping costs.

Be prepared for a surprise extra cost about a third of a cost of the actual purchase.

They said they are working on software to better calculate extra costs. Funny, lots of other companies have been doing that for years.

:( Showing the final costs should be considered as a great way to serve the customers and as something that adds trust in the company. I'm sorry to hear that you had this unpleasant surprise.

• Like 1