Hemispheres is 43 Today!

TheGhostRider

I can't keep up with all these anniversaries! Hemispheres is awesome - the playing seems like it really hit perfection on this album, and the recording and tone of the instruments was top notch. I love that Geddy brought in his new Oberheim 8-voice synth, although he really used it pretty sparingly. His bass tone on this album knocks my socks off. AFTK and Hemispheres were really a magical duo ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OSrGW_mPls

1:45 mark

"Mike, stop it, now!" :lol:

I remember a couple of those from watching the show when it aired! I always imagined Mike (who was head writer before taking over as host from Joel) was a fan...

Can't forget some of his characters back then. My personal favorite is him playing Jack Perkins as well as Morrissey in the City Limits episode.

"Did I mention that I cried?" :lol:

• Like 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OSrGW_mPls

1:45 mark

"Mike, stop it, now!" :lol:

I remember a couple of those from watching the show when it aired! I always imagined Mike (who was head writer before taking over as host from Joel) was a fan...

Can't forget some of his characters back then. My personal favorite is him playing Jack Perkins as well as Morrissey in the City Limits episode.

"Did I mention that I cried?" :lol:

Hahahaha! Let's not also forget that he played Torgo from Manos: The Hands Of Fate!

That 3-photo poster that came with the album can be seen on the hallway wall outside the booth in a couple episodes of "WKRP In Cincinnati".

43 years old, eh? It still looks so young. I have the album-cover picture-disc, too.

Wow - I never noticed that!

What is also remarkable about this album is apparently how difficult is was to complete, according to the band members. Which is not too surprising given the complexity of the arrangements. I wonder what tracks made this masterpiece so hard to bring to the finish line.

What is also remarkable about this album is apparently how difficult is was to complete, according to the band members. Which is not too surprising given the complexity of the arrangements. I wonder what tracks made this masterpiece so hard to bring to the finish line.

It's interesting to me to hear Geddy talk about how high it all was to sing. I haven't checked the actual notes, but off the top of my head it doesn't seem too terribly much higher than some of the stuff on AFTK or 2112. But I'm guessing it's more of a vocal burnout thing since he had been doing it for years by that point.

On a side note, I still can't even imagine what it's like to be able to sing that high in the first place. Especially with all the power he had like on Temples of Syrinx. It dumbfounds me that people can even do that (and make it seem pretty easy too).

That 3-photo poster that came with the album can be seen on the hallway wall outside the booth in a couple episodes of "WKRP In Cincinnati".

43 years old, eh? It still looks so young. I have the album-cover picture-disc, too.

I used to watch that show, never noticed or even thought to look in the back ground! Too busy wondering how a guy would drop chickens from a helicopter :)

Edited by Bahamas