Mitas Rush Oddities Went Offline

TheGhostRider

Not sure when the website went down but I checked today and the domain expired and everything on it is gone too. Thankfully the website was archived on the Wayback Machine but it's still sad to see it go. I saw some really neat stuff on there when I found the website on my own.
  • Like 2

Not sure when the website went down but I checked today and the domain expired and everything on it is gone too. Thankfully the website was archived on the Wayback Machine but it's still sad to see it go. I saw some really neat stuff on there when I found the website on my own.

Is that the site where they boosted the gain on the fadeouts of songs so you could hear everything the band were playing?

• Like 2

Is that the site where they boosted the gain on the fadeouts of songs so you could hear everything the band were playing?

Yes. But they also posted rare and unreleased audio of things that have never been really seen anywhere else. Like the Unused ending for Tom Sawyer and the music played at the end of shows during the Exit Stage Left Tour.

The world is moving on.....

In what regard? Not sure what you mean.

From RUSH

We are the world...not going anywhere.

sorry if that song is in your head now.

Edited by toymaker

Perhaps it is more that the Rush world is getting smaller or sadly something could have happened to the person managing it. It sounded like a cool collection of stuff.
  • Like 1

Perhaps it is more that the Rush world is getting smaller or sadly something could have happened to the person managing it. It sounded like a cool collection of stuff.

I met him once. 2007 I think it was. Really nice guy. I have no idea what's up.

-----------------

That's what I was getting at - the Rush world is getting smaller. There's no denying the loyalty of the fan base - myself included. The band was (is?) a major component of peoples lives in many different ways.

I'm just saying that despite that fan loyalty, a defunct Rock band does start to slip into the past at some point. People and entities lose interest over time. It's inevitable.

I draw comparison to Sinatra. Elvis, or The Beatles. Similar things will happen with Rush 'awareness' over time.

Edited by grep
  • Like 3

There’s was a time MiTA would consistently post new content on CP.

Yeah… Back in the day, he was on Rush forums frequently (as was I). If I’m not mistaken, he was the first to post the Power Windows demo.

Edited by Gemari77
  • Like 2

It would be a shame if that stuff was all just gone forever.

Well, it had to be uploaded from somewhere. I'm surprised the files haven't just been posted elsewhere.

Well, it had to be uploaded from somewhere. I'm surprised the files haven't just been posted elsewhere.

The website is archived on the Wayback Machine, everything is still accessible there. It might be possible to extract the individual files since they’re embedded in there but idk.

Edited by TheGhostRider
  • Like 1

The website is archived on the Wayback Machine, everything is still accessible there. It might be possible to extract the individual files since they’re embedded in there but idk.

Yeah. I posted the link above, but will repost here: https://web.archive.org/web/20210516035945/http://www.rushoddities.com/
  • Like 1

There’s was a time MiTA would consistently post new content on CP.

Yeah… Back in the day, he was on Rush forums frequently (as was I). If I’m not mistaken, he was the first to post the Power Windows demo.

Yes. And what an epic event that was!!! I think he even posted raw .flac 's from the cassette - if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 1

Yeah. I posted the link above, but will repost here: https://web.archive....shoddities.com/

Thanks for doing that; I'm another one who didn't even know it existed, and now I see myself getting little actual work done this weeked.

• Like 1