choose one  

12 members have voted

1. 1. album

• Explosions In The Sky - The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
    • Aerosmith - Permanent Vacation
  2. 2. band

• Explosions In the Sky
    • Aerosmith

Well I dig TEINACDP. It's great mood music, amazing how it can feel so profound and inspiring with just two guitars a bass and a drum set, no vocals!

But come on, Aerosmith.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

Permanent Waves over anything.

I think you meant Permanent Vacation though (in the poll above)

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

Permanent Waves over anything.

I think you meant Permanent Vacation though (in the poll above)

Good catch!

• Like 1

Explosions for both. Used to be quite a big fan of these guys, may need to dig them out again
  • Like 1

Explosions for both. Used to be quite a big fan of these guys, may need to dig them out again

I haven't played them in a while. I should revisit too.

Before PeV came out, the talk was that Angel was the best thing Aerosmith had written since Dream On. I'm not a big fan of that one myself. But I would put Rag Doll, Dude and Hangman Jury up there with pretty much any other Aerosmith.

What it Takes from the next album is one of the best break up songs of all time.

• Like 3

I am a rare Aerosmith fan that enjoys all albums from the debut to Get A Grip

Get A Grip is the first one I don't like. But I rate Rock in a Hard Place top 3, and I love Done With Mirrors.

Pump and PV are solid comeback albums even if they are more radio friendly. GAG is where it gets shaky and it gets worse, save Honkin On Bobo.

I am a rare Aerosmith fan that enjoys all albums from the debut to Get A Grip

Get A Grip is the first one I don't like. But I rate Rock in a Hard Place top 3, and I love Done With Mirrors.

Pump and PV are solid comeback albums even if they are more radio friendly. GAG is where it gets shaky and it gets worse, save Honkin On Bobo.

Get A Grip has Living On The Edge though, which is an all time classic Aerosmith song in my book. Plus Cryin' is one of their best ballads, and there are a couple other great rockers on there too (Eat The Rich, Shut Up And Dance, Fever). Definitely overlong and too many ballads, but it's more of a CD era crime than anything.

• Like 1

I have no problems with Permanent Vacation, Pump and Get A Grip. That's the era of the band that I grew up with and made me a fan. They toured so hard for Get A Grip that I saw them three times on that tour. Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

I have no problems with Permanent Vacation, Pump and Get A Grip. That's the era of the band that I grew up with and made me a fan. They toured so hard for Get A Grip that I saw them three times on that tour.

Pump is my very favorite Aerosmith album. The production is maybe a bit too loud... but the songs. Their best batch, no contest.