Happy Birthday, toymaker!

blueschica

:cheers: Happy Birthday, toymaker! :cheers: I hope today is wonderful for you- and that you use the occasion for more Gear Acquisition for your GAS! :lol: Cheers!

JEo1aEAm.jpgRVVTqnZm.gifgo5Umnbm.jpg

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

"Happy Birthday". I hope you have been able to enjoy the day. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

:cheers: Happy Birthday, toymaker! :cheers: I hope today is wonderful for you- and that you use the occasion for more Gear Acquisition for your GAS! :lol: Cheers!

Thank you! I think I mostly had a good birthday - although I foolishly made a draft version of an assignment due today - and it's something I need to give feedback for as soon as possible - and there are 54 students in this section. So I suppose the best birthday present I could give myself would be to make the final version due not next week but the week after!

I did in fact buy myself a pretty cool birthday present - a '69 Silvertone Mosrite style guitar. I didn't buy it because it is a particularly great guitar, but because it's the same model I learned to play guitar on when I was 13. It belonged to my best friend, who was killed in a car accident when he was 25. So it's deeply nostalgic to me to have this guitar. And you wouldn't believe how many little specific memories it has brought back, just holding it in my hands!

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

• Like 2

Happy Birthday! Hope you get a meal of your own choosing :sundog:

Thanks IbanezJem! Had pizza from one of the best joints in town. I've spent the evening throwing together a truly nasty chili, which I'm not sure anyone will thank me for!

• Like 1

"Happy 52nd Birthday". I hope you have been able to enjoy the day.

52? No, there must be some mistake...

It's been okay. I got to sleep in, at least!

• Like 2

The cupcake looks good.

I thought you were much younger.

Whatever age you are, it is younger now and always will be younger than me.

happy-birthday.gif

Thanks, Lorraine! I'm trying to "feel young" as much as I can . . . mostly when I pick up a guitar or smash the drums for a while!

• Like 2

Happy Days!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-LS9-Xge2MPE/Umc1Kk5NEKI/AAAAAAAADEI/_v6A7Uqu_bw/s1600/celestial.jpg

I had to look that one up. Thanks, Treeduck! I'm more of a secular toymaker - when I mess with my students' heads, I guess I am sort of making them my playthings...

• Like 2

Hope you had a great one!

Not bad at all! Trying not to think about age but valuing the things I have in my life. Although early life didn't seem to augur well, I am generally happy and content!

• Like 1

Thank you! I think I mostly had a good birthday - although I foolishly made a draft version of an assignment due today - and it's something I need to give feedback for as soon as possible - and there are 54 students in this section. So I suppose the best birthday present I could give myself would be to make the final version due not next week but the week after!

I did in fact buy myself a pretty cool birthday present - a '69 Silvertone Mosrite style guitar. I didn't buy it because it is a particularly great guitar, but because it's the same model I learned to play guitar on when I was 13. It belonged to my best friend, who was killed in a car accident when he was 25. So it's deeply nostalgic to me to have this guitar. And you wouldn't believe how many little specific memories it has brought back, just holding it in my hands!

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

This is very touching, a nice present to yourself. Best Wishes for your birthday :) :clap:

• Like 2

This is very touching, a nice present to yourself. Best Wishes for your birthday :) :clap:

Thanks, Rhyta!

That is absolutely the last guitar I am buying!

Maybe.

I hope you had a great birthday! :cheers:

Thanks, librarian. As always, after reading your post, I spent about 60 seconds watching the cat chase the moth.

• Like 1