RPG: Book Of Dreams vs. __________

Entre_Perpetuo

choose one  

16 members have voted

1. 1. album

• Steve Miller Band - Book Of Dreams
    • Led Zeppelin - _________ (aka Zoso, aka Led Zeppelin IV)
  2. 2. band

• Steve Miller Band
    • Led Zeppelin
  3. 3. song

• Steve Miller Band - Swingtown
    • Led Zeppelin - Four Sticks

I guess with a matchup like this you Steve Miller fans can keep hiding! :P

I'll try to give Miller a chance in the third option.

I'm gonna give it to Steve in the song vs song poll. ... I think Swingtown is a very well crafted pop song with an excellent build up and an unforgettable hook... it doesn't do a lot more than that, and the b-section / prechorus bit (we've been working so hard, we've been working so hard, come on baby come on baby let's dance) sounds a little too corny to me in the guitars... but it's just a blip in a pretty great song from Miller. On the other hand, I think Four Sticks is a much more impressive display of talent, and gets stuck in your head in its own way, but it is clearly the least incredible track on Zoso, and the only one I had trouble getting into. A part of me prefers it honestly, but I do think Swingtown is just better songwriting.
  • Like 1

Lol! I saw the blank in the thread title and thought it must be Metallica's black album or something. We always called it Zoso. I mentioned that to someone in their 20's that I worked with and said it was ok if she didn't know what album I was talking about. She said "I know this one!" She had the symbols from the cover tattooed near her ankle! :)

I voted Zepplin, Zeppelin, and Swingtown.

I do like Steve Miller a lot. He has a cool background. His dad was a physician who loved jazz and ended up being friends with/advising all these 1940's jazz guys, so Steve was exposed to all that. HIs sound incorporates a lot.

• Like 2

Lol! I saw the blank in the thread title and thought it must be Metallica's black album or something. We always called it Zoso. I mentioned that to someone in their 20's that I worked with and said it was ok if she didn't know what album I was talking about. She said "I know this one!" She had the symbols from the cover tattooed near her ankle! :)

I voted Zepplin, Zeppelin, and Swingtown.

I do like Steve Miller a lot. He has a cool background. His dad was a physician who loved jazz and ended up being friends with/advising all these 1940's jazz guys, so Steve was exposed to all that. HIs sound incorporates a lot.

I just always like to point out that, technically, there's no album title on the sleeve.

• Like 1