Ohio State Marching Band: "A Tribute to Rush" Halftime Show Oct. 9, 2021 vs. Maryland

ReRushed

I normally don't watch too much college ball especially if the teams are not Florida ones

However with me having a (very rare) Saturday off after working almost 160hrs in the last two weeks! I was lounging around half watching/napping and the broadcast crew brought up the fact that the Ohio State Band did a 1/2 time tribute to :rush: !!! My better half asked if I saw it or slept through it? I explained TV rarely shows the 1/2 time show. So all it took was one Google search and there it was! It was B E A Utiful!! The choreography was amazing! The double neck guitar formation and Neil playing the kit formation! But the one that brought a tear to my eye was Neil on his motorcycle! Truly a "Ghost Rider" now!! And to think the kids doing this are still inspired by music of a band that they probably heard their parents loved and listened too. Incredible!!! Well Done!!

Long Live :rush:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 9

Quite a great performance. The OSU band seems to do something like this every year, since the game of theirs I went to back in 2019 (coincidentally they were also playing Maryland that day) they did a tribute to Santana. I'm glad they picked Rush this year. Also good on the announcer for correcting himself on Neil's last name
  • Like 3

Neil PURT..... :rage:

Besides, almost no one pronounces it right unless they've been told or heard it before.

I refuse to bring up my many years of not knowing.... :doh:

• Like 2

I normally don't watch too much college ball especially if the teams are not Florida ones

However with me having a (very rare) Saturday off after working almost 160hrs in the last too weeks! I was lounging around half watching/napping and the broadcast crew brought up the fact that the Ohio State Band did a 1/2 time tribute to :rush: !!! My better half asked if I saw it or slept through it? I explained TV rarely shows the 1/2 time show. So all it took was one Google search and there it was! It was B E A Utiful!! The choreography was amazing! The double neck guitar formation and Neil playing the kit formation! But the one that brought a tear to my eye was Neil on his motorcycle! Truly a "Ghost Rider" now!! And to think the kids doing this are still inspired by music of a band that they probably heard their parents loved and listened too. Incredible!!! Well Done!!

Long Live :rush:

Neil on his motorcycle was the highlight!

• Like 5

It was so cool! My husband saw it pop on his phone while we were watching the Utes play Saturday night. Only real faux pas I saw was when they said they were playing songs from 2112. It was very impressive and someone did a lot of work to get them to be able to march to songs that were in 6/4 and 7/4 time. :rush: :haz:
  • Like 6

This was posted in one of the reddit prog rock groups that I'm a member in. I promptly sent the youtube clip to my brother who pointed out that the motorcycle configuration was a tribute to Neil who was an avid motorcyclist.

Anyway, it mostly seems to be "Rush's greatest hits" but it's still pretty cool.

Edited by New_World_Man
  • Like 3

Beyond Fuckking Incredible.

Beyond the Lighted Stage.

Beyond comprehension.

"Living in the limelight, the Universal Dream."

Rush getting National attention.

Well deserved for the greatest band to ever exist.

Be happy you were all alive on this planet to see and hear this band.

Whoever put this thing together deserves an award.

Beyond Epic.

RUSH RULES!

• Like 4

https://www.blabberm...g-band-tribute/

Al and Ged are appreciative.

I wonder if Neil would have been appreciative or embarrassed?

I guess we'll never know since they waited 2 years too late to do this.

Not that it wasn't awesome, it was. But I wish Neil would have gotten a chance to see it too.

• Like 3

https://www.blabberm...g-band-tribute/

Al and Ged are appreciative.

I wonder if Neil would have been appreciative or embarrassed?

Appreciative from a distance, as in sitting at home and watching it.

Embarrassed if he had been in the crowd, seeing it in person.

• Like 4