The Official TRF Obligatory Squid Game Thread

goose

I have to respond before bed Goose.

Listening to “Empty Rooms” by Gary Moore before I dose off.

One of the greatest ballads ever made.

Anyway!

I just got done watching the last episode of Squid Game!

No spoilers.

It’s one of the greatest shows I have ever seen in my life.

It’s like Gary Moore’s guitar solo on “Empty Rooms.”

Emotionally Fuckking Epic.

• Like 2

My wife has watched it all. I managed nine seconds. Nobody enjoys subtitled work from the Orient more than me, but nobody`s faster than me to reject shows they might love if they were more patient :coy:
  • Like 1

Lots of “Empty Rooms” in Squid Game…….

:lol:

So you finished it...that must mean it's worth sticking with. I'm going to re-watch Ep1 with the Lad this weekend and plow through after that. It's a global cultural duty at this point.

My wife has watched it all. I managed nine seconds. Nobody enjoys subtitled work from the Orient more than me, but nobody`s faster than me to reject shows they might love if they were more patient :coy:

Subtitles? Here on Netflix it's dubbed (horribly so).

Does US Netflix dictate to you the language? Netflix here has a lot of options for audio - original Korean, French, Italian etc., or with subtitles in different languages too. But due to my "quirkiness" I watch things that are in English with subtitles on, because I pay more attention that way. My wife really does not like this annoying trait so our days of watching things together are over :laughing guy:
  • Like 1

Does US Netflix dictate to you the language? Netflix here has a lot of options for audio - original Korean, French, Italian etc., or with subtitles in different languages too. But due to my "quirkiness" I watch things that are in English with subtitles on, because I pay more attention that way. My wife really does not like this annoying trait so our days of watching things together are over :laughing guy:

I should try it in the original Korean with subtitles, because I find with the original language the voices tend to match the emotions and facial expressions better.
  • Like 1

Spoiler: If gratuitous violence ain't your thing, Squid Game ain't for you.

Is it weird that after the first episode my immediate thought was "yeah, I could totally see this happening for real in Korea" lol.

I'm five episodes in and it's certainly interesting and different. I'm not too sure how much I genuinely like it though.

• Like 1

Spoiler: If gratuitous violence ain't your thing, Squid Game ain't for you.

Is it weird that after the first episode my immediate thought was "yeah, I could totally see this happening for real in Korea" lol.

I'm five episodes in and it's certainly interesting and different. I'm not too sure how much I genuinely like it though.

It reminds me of Utopia in that sense. Interesting, but is it enjoyable...

Watched episode one.

Fell asleep during episode two. That’s more a function of booze consumption and the very late hour.

Wife bailed during Red Light/Green Light.

• Like 1

Watched episode one.

Fell asleep during episode two. That’s more a function of booze consumption and the very late hour.

squidgame-doll.gif

• Like 1

Ngl I was a little shook after red light green light. I'm fully desensitized to violent TV and games, but this was eerily close to reality, with all the various everymen getting gunned down by a creepy f***ing doll.

• Like 1

More time to spend with the kids and grandkids!

• Like 1

Watching “TV” with the wife is overrated. At some Air BnB we’ve taken to sleeping in separate rooms.

• Like 2

More time to spend with the kids and grandkids!

I knew there was something I meant to do over the last 25 years. Get a family!
  • Like 1

I finished the Tug Of War episode. I like the Old Man as coach. I’m still moving on to the next episode tomorrow.

I don’t smoke but that sex scene in the bathroom was kind of hot. That crazy bitch can call me her old man.

Watched episode one.

Watched episode one.

That is so funny JR!! Was ensnared by Episode One. Then I too fell asleep during Episode 2. But the rest? EPIC!