NEW Mastodon. A couple tracks.

Two listens down, great album. I loved the singles! Made a much bigger impression on me than Emperor Of Sand ever did.

A looooot to digest here!

• Like 2

i've had two listens as well. i actually found a leak a day early. First i just want to say mastodon was a band TRF got me into it took me a while to get into the earlier harsher stuff. it took me a while to get into that style in general. but i instantly took to Crack the Skye because it toned down the rough edges and was more prog. Anyway i love it all now.

I like Segue was not happy with Emperor of Sand it sounded too much like a bid for "radio success" (as much as one can get today, lol) and a bit too hollow for me. but i see it topping fans lists so what do i know?

the New one is FANTASTIC!!! it takes all the band is and mixes it all together while still experimenting and staying fresh. It IS massive and will take many listens to fully piece together......only a few shorter tracks with most being in the 5-8 minute range. By the By this album should be what a double was made for IMO. a band just trying new approaches and just throwing everything out there.

i loved it.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

i've had two listens as well. i actually found a leak a day early. First i just want to say mastodon was a band TRF got me into it took me a while to get into the earlier harsher stuff. it took me a while to get into that style in general. but i instantly took to Crack the Skye because it toned down the rough edges and was more prog. Anyway i love it all now.

I like Segue was not happy with Emperor of Sand it sounded too much like a bid for "radio success" (as much as one can get today, lol) and a bit too hollow for me. but i see it topping fans lists so what do i know?

the New one is FANTASTIC!!! it takes all the band is and mixes it all together while still experimenting and staying fresh. It IS massive and will take many listens to fully piece together......only a few shorter tracks with most being in the 5-8 minute range. By the By this album should be what a double was made for IMO. a band just trying new approaches and just throwing everything out there.

i loved it.

Mick

Mick loves a double album? :o

• Like 1

i loved it.

Mick

this is one of the few i liked all the way through.....well there was one song i din't like, lol. try this out EP i've a feeling you will like this.

Mick

• Like 1

i loved it.

Mick

this is one of the few i liked all the way through.....well there was one song i din't like, lol. try this out EP i've a feeling you will like this.

Mick

I dig Crack The Skye a lot and, though I can barely tell where one song ends and the next begins, Leviathon is good as well. I will!

Had a quick look at reviews online & this album is dividing the fanbase big time. It's Senjutsu all over again :lol:

I've only seen major Senjutsu love. Only this forum have I seen raging negativity

Had a quick look at reviews online & this album is dividing the fanbase big time. It's Senjutsu all over again :lol:

I've only seen major Senjutsu love. Only this forum have I seen raging negativity

Is Senjutsu your album of the year? A couple major releases for you have come out since then but your avatar is still Senjutsu.

Is Senjutsu your album of the year? A couple major releases for you have come out since then but your avatar is still Senjutsu.

It's difficult to say, I LOVE Senjutsu, but the new Mastodon...is bloody phenomenal.

And I love the new Biffy Clyro to death!

Throw in Killers, Trivium and Dream Theater, it's been an exceptional year for me.

• Like 1