new Ghost!

J2112YYZ

I followed along with the lyrics now and I'm liking the album a bit more. This is the poppiest album they have done but the lyrics aren't pop at all. I need to learn the words to Kaisarion because that sounds like it will be fun as hell to sing along to. Edited by J2112YYZ

I've started listening today, definitely lighter than previous works, but I like what I've heard so far.

I've started listening today, definitely lighter than previous works, but I like what I've heard so far.

The drums seem better than ever before though don't they?

How do you pay attention to the drums when the melodic hooks are so good?

• Like 2

Can only speak for myself, but I always keep an ear out for the drumming. To me, lacklustre drumming really let's an album down for me. This new Ghost album, and the latest from DT, Mastodon and Epica are actual highlights for me as far as drumming goes.

I think the latest Ghost is fantastic, with the drumming being some of the best I've heard in an album so rich with melodic hooks. Every performance on this album has a moment to shine, the drummer for me has the most!

• Like 1

Can only speak for myself, but I always keep an ear out for the drumming. To me, lacklustre drumming really let's an album down for me. This new Ghost album, and the latest from DT, Mastodon and Epica are actual highlights for me as far as drumming goes.

I think the latest Ghost is fantastic, with the drumming being some of the best I've heard in an album so rich with melodic hooks. Every performance on this album has a moment to shine, the drummer for me has the most!

Yeah, everything sounds great as a whole on the album. I haven't really honed in on the individual instruments yet but obviously if the drumming isn't good then everything else suffers. All I know is everything sounds good together here. Easily Tobias's best lyrics to date as well. Really feel in love with the album after a few listens.

Yeah, everything sounds great as a whole on the album. I haven't really honed in on the individual instruments yet but obviously if the drumming isn't good then everything else suffers. All I know is everything sounds good together here. Easily Tobias's best lyrics to date as well. Really feel in love with the album after a few listens.

I'm similar to Segue but for bass guitar. With all the hard rock/heavy metal I digest it's easy to appreciate great guitars and drums because they're so abundant in the genre but a melodic bass player elevates everything so much for me. Geddy really spoiled us.

These days I get my lead bass fix with Mariusz Duda in Riverside, he's absolutely magic in that stuff.

Impera definitely got a drum and guitar upgrade. I think I'll be trying to nail down some of these parts for a while on the guitar. Meliora is the best album, but a lot easier to play.

Man......love this album. Just love it more and more with each listen. It harkens me right back to the best 80’s fantasy metal (Ozzy and Dic come to mind so much with this band).

And the playing on the album is the best they have ever put out.

• Like 1

Man......love this album. Just love it more and more with each listen. It harkens me right back to the best 80’s fantasy metal (Ozzy and Dic come to mind so much with this band).

And the playing on the album is the best they have ever put out.

It's definitely the Ghost album with the most depth and you're rewarded for multiple listens. As much as I like everything else they've done, for the most part the other albums are pretty straightforward. I look forward to each listen of Impera because I feel like I'm going to hear something I didn't before and a completely new hook (the album is LOADED with them) is going to grab me and get stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

• Like 2

I listened to some yesterday on my walk. Definitely lighter and more melodic than previous stuff. I like it!

I was just listening to Twenties, I think the problem with it is the rhythm and the time, you expect it to transition into another less frenetic progression but it doesn't and in fact it ends abruptly.

I was just listening to Twenties, I think the problem with it is the rhythm and the time, you expect it to transition into another less frenetic progression but it doesn't and in fact it ends abruptly.

A Roaring tempo!
  • Like 2

Fantastic. I picked up the record yesterday. Blown away with the first listen, and liking it more and more. I wish more of these albums came with a download so I could listen in the car.
  • Like 2

The album is great. I still like it after repeated listens, and there have been many!

It's headed in a pop direction that I hope doesn't forecast something even further in that direction on album #5, though. I'd like to see the pendulum swing back the other way.

• Like 1

The album is great. I still like it after repeated listens, and there have been many!

It's headed in a pop direction that I hope doesn't forecast something even further in that direction on album #5, though. I'd like to see the pendulum swing back the other way.

I'm not sure how they get poppier than this though. The only way that happens is if Tobias changes how he writes lyrics and severely dumbs them down. I think he's become too unique of a lyricist for that to happen though. The pop hooks couldn't be more abundant than they are on Impera. As long as the lyrics don't change to standard pop garbage, the band will be just fine.

9 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Devin Townsend and Meatloaf (RIP) had a lovechild.  They named it Ghost.

"Spillways of your soul" what f%^&ing schlock.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Chronos said:

http://youtu.be/BE3kJeBr9QI

Ghost chooses Easter Sunday to release this cover of Genesis' "Jesus He Knows Me" :biggrin:

I’ll tell you what, this is great! Lol

• Like 2

That was good. I'm good with covers when an artist decides to do something different. I have no desire to hear a Enter Sandman version 824. This is part of a covers ep which will include Phantom Of The Opera from Iron Maiden. Very interested in hearing that.

• Like 1