Judas Priest tour postponed; Richie Faulkner having "major heart issue"

blueschica

Just posted this am- from the website that our Rod from Toronto writes for- hope Richie has quick healing!

"British heavy metal legends JUDAS PRIEST have postponed the remainder of their U.S. tour due to “major medical heart condition issues” suffered by guitarist Richie Faulkner. According Faulkner‘s girlfriend Mariah Lynch (daughter of former DOKKEN guitarist George Lynch) most recent Instagram update: “Richie underwent major emergency heart surgery. He is stable & resting.”"

https://www.sonicperspectives.com/news/judas-priest-forced-to-postpone-remainder-of-current-us-tour/

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

I think this tour might have to be postponed for a while. I don't think they can just put Richie back on stage in a couple of months, even if he says he feels ok. It wouldn't be a good look and he may not be able to perform properly. It might take 12 months for him to get back to full health. They may have to bring back KK Downing!
  • Like 2

Imagine if they asked KK to return (which I don't suppose they will)!!! Would he say yes??

I think they may have to. Who knows Richie might not be fit enough for a full tour for a couple of years. It's not like he twisted his ankle or even broke his leg. I don't think they can just bring in Joe Bloggs to fill in or even Richie's father-in-law George Lynch, it'd start to look like another band altogether. They're other option is 6 to 12 months or more on the sidelines, again.

• Like 1

I think this tour might have to be postponed for a while. I don't think they can just put Richie back on stage in a couple of months, even if he says he feels ok. It wouldn't be a good look and he may not be able to perform properly. It might take 12 months for him to get back to full health. They may have to bring back KK Downing!

I was thinking of that when I read about Richie. So much water under the bridge, and yet it might be the thing to get him back in. I didn't know Richie was only in his 40s, that is scary.

• Like 2

I was thinking of that when I read about Richie. So much water under the bridge, and yet it might be the thing to get him back in. I didn't know Richie was only in his 40s, that is scary.

Yeah born in 1980. So yeah rushing him back would be a mistake. Imagine if he collapsed and died on stage. That would make them look like a bunch of greedy mercenaries.

• Like 2

I've heard, and seen about this. I'm glad he was able to have the major emergency heart surgery, and after it, is stable, and resting. I hope he does recuperates, and recovers fully back to normal, and at 100%, too. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 3

Imagine if they asked KK to return (which I don't suppose they will)!!! Would he say yes??

I think they may have to. Who knows Richie might not be fit enough for a full tour for a couple of years. It's not like he twisted his ankle or even broke his leg. I don't think they can just bring in Joe Bloggs to fill in or even Richie's father-in-law George Lynch, it'd start to look like another band altogether. They're other option is 6 to 12 months or more on the sidelines, again.

It certainly would be an interesting development. As you say, in Ritchie's absence it would probably be the only short term soluton which was credible.
  • Like 2

It certainly would be an interesting development. As you say, in Ritchie's absence it would probably be the only short term soluton which was credible.

Aye, maybe it's fate. The pandemic, Richie's heart attack. Maybe KK has a Richie voodoo doll or something! :16ton:

• Like 2

JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Richie Faulkner reportedly underwent a "10-hour open-heart surgery" after suffering a "heart attack" following the band's performance at the Louder Than Life festival in Louisville, Kentucky on Sunday (September 26).

The British heavy metal legends announced on Monday (September 27) that they were postponing the remainder of their U.S. tour so that Faulkner could be treated for a heart condition. The following day, his girlfriend Mariah Lynch, daughter of former DOKKEN guitarist George Lynch, said that Richie was "stable and resting" after undergoing "major emergency heart surgery."

On Tuesday, TESLA guitarist Frank Hannon took to his Instagram to write: "Sending love and healing power to Richie Faulkner @falconfaulkner .. I haven't met him yet but he's a rock n roll brother that my guitar playing friends all love very much and they tell me how cool of a guy he is. I heard he played a show then walked off stage having a heart attack and had 10 hr open heart surgery last night. Hang in there Richie and I look forward to meeting / jamming with you someday! You got this!"

• Like 3

That would be my question.

I am not the most well read on the topic, but I thought the blood was bad enough between the camps that it may be unpatchable.

I hope they eventually get the dates rescheduled. I had some vague plans to go see this in about 2 weeks.

• Like 1

That would be my question.

I am not the most well read on the topic, but I thought the blood was bad enough between the camps that it may be unpatchable.

I hope they eventually get the dates rescheduled. I had some vague plans to go see this in about 2 weeks.

There was bad blood when Halford left but they patched things up.

• Like 1

10 hour surgery?

My dad had a double bypass two years ago and it only took four hours and he's in his 70s. Richie must have had some serious stuff wrong.

Yeah that's not just "major heart condition issues" that's something life threatening. Him being only 41 makes it seem worse because it's not an age-related problem.

• Like 1

10 hour surgery?

My dad had a double bypass two years ago and it only took four hours and he's in his 70s. Richie must have had some serious stuff wrong.

Yeah that's not just "major heart condition issues" that's something life threatening. Him being only 41 makes it seem worse because it's not an age-related problem.

Yeah, this sounds like every major artery was plugged up. Not the kind of problem to have at such a young age.

• Like 2

10 hour surgery?

Yeah, this sounds like every major artery was plugged up. Not the kind of problem to have at such a young age.

Very serious indeed. He will need a fair amount of time to recuperate. Trying to rush anything would be a disasterous move.
  • Like 1

JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Richie Faulkner reportedly underwent a "10-hour open-heart surgery" after suffering a "heart attack" following the band's performance at the Louder Than Life festival in Louisville, Kentucky on Sunday (September 26).

The British heavy metal legends announced on Monday (September 27) that they were postponing the remainder of their U.S. tour so that Faulkner could be treated for a heart condition. The following day, his girlfriend Mariah Lynch, daughter of former DOKKEN guitarist George Lynch, said that Richie was "stable and resting" after undergoing "major emergency heart surgery."

On Tuesday, TESLA guitarist Frank Hannon took to his Instagram to write: "Sending love and healing power to Richie Faulkner @falconfaulkner .. I haven't met him yet but he's a rock n roll brother that my guitar playing friends all love very much and they tell me how cool of a guy he is. I heard he played a show then walked off stage having a heart attack and had 10 hr open heart surgery last night. Hang in there Richie and I look forward to meeting / jamming with you someday! You got this!"

Tim Alexander from Primus had full-blown open heart surgery too and thank God he fully recovered and has been back on the drum kit for years. Hope Richie will be ok. Tragic Irony. I wouldn't be surprised if Richie retires.

• Like 2

Tim Alexander from Primus had full-blown open heart surgery too and thank God he fully recovered and has been back on the drum kit for years. Hope Richie will be ok. Tragic Irony. I wouldn't be surprised if Richie retires.

Where've you been hiding Earl?? The cardiac unit at John Muir Medical Center??

• Like 1

Hahaha! My health is fine! Unlike poor Richie! Been very busy Pat. I have a new life with a wonderful woman! All good! Hope you are well!

• Like 2

Hahaha! My health is fine! Unlike poor Richie! Been very busy Pat. I have a new life with a wonderful woman! All good! Hope you are well!

Let's talk about something important Earl: how do you feel about King Kobra today?? And KROKUS and the Damn Yankees??

• Like 1

Let's talk about something important Earl: how do you feel about King Kobra today?? And KROKUS and the Damn Yankees??

Hahahaha! I'm over King Kobra. Their first album is good. After that? Meh

I LOVE KROKUS!

Was going to see them twice before COVID. They are coming back to the States I think. But I'm over it. Hope they have one more album in them.

I love Damn Yankees. First album is great!

I saw Night Ranger open up for STYX a few summers ago.

Shaw came out on stage with Night Ranger and they did "High Enough" together. A half reunion song. IT WAS AWESOME!

• Like 1