Why was the American Version of Permanent Waves Censored but not the International Versions?

TheGhostRider

Why was the American version of the Cover of Permanent Waves censored but all the international versions are not? The news headline “Dewey Defeats Truman” is not visible on the American release but is visible on the other versions.

But weren't the international versions still censored for the behalf of Coca-Cola? Originally, Hugh Syme put a Coca-Cola billboard on the cover, but the Coca-Cola company said "no" because the billboard was too close to the lovely girl's panties.

And the Chicago Daily Tribune Company no longer objects to the "Dewey Defeats Truman" headline, and it has appeared on the cover of the newest LP pressings. I have one, I'm in Illinois, home state of the Chicago Tribune.

But weren't the international versions still censored for the behalf of Coca-Cola? Originally, Hugh Syme put a Coca-Cola billboard on the cover, but the Coca-Cola company said "no" because the billboard was too close to the lovely girl's panties.

And the Chicago Daily Tribune Company no longer objects to the "Dewey Defeats Truman" headline, and it has appeared on the cover of the newest LP pressings. I have one, I'm in Illinois, home state of the Chicago Tribune.

That’s good to hear. I do remember seeing that the original cover had the Coca-Cola logo on it. I believe that the New Zealand print is the only version that has the completely unaltered original cover, but I believe that edition is quite rare.

But is the name of the paper still blurred out?

but the Coca-Cola company said "no" because the billboard was too close to the lovely girl's panties.

So much for having a coke and a smile.