The "send good wishes and happy thoughts" to Lorraine thread

laughedatbytime

%20https%3A//live.staticflickr.com/65535/51547180021_383331361f_b.jpg

That's absolutely beautiful. Such a cute little diligent bee happily working away.

I had a honey bee on one of the sunflowers but yellow on yellow didn't do well. And I am not a good photographer, even though the phone I have is supposed to be renowned for the great pictures it takes. You can barely see the bee.

I love bees and grow many bee-friendly plants around my house. The secret to taking a really good picture of a bee in a flower is...take a zillion shots and hope the bee-buddy is in focus in one of them! Repeat until successful :lol:

• Like 6

That's absolutely beautiful. Such a cute little diligent bee happily working away.

I had a honey bee on one of the sunflowers but yellow on yellow didn't do well. And I am not a good photographer, even though the phone I have is supposed to be renowned for the great pictures it takes. You can barely see the bee.

I love bees and grow many bee-friendly plants around my house. The secret to taking a really good picture of a bee in a flower is...take a zillion shots and hope the bee-buddy is in focus in one of them! Repeat until successful :lol:

I got a really good laugh out of that. Thank you. Laughter remains the best medicine of all time.

Not too sunny today, but I will get out there on my minuscule patio and attempt to get an award winning picture with my phone that is supposed to have award winning picture taking capabilities.

Then I'll have to figure out how to get it from phone to computer.

This could turn into a major ordeal

Perseverance is key!

We need a bee emoticon here.

Where's the boss???

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 8

This is the way.

• Like 1

The Go Sober for October ad came on the radio today (here in England you get people to sponsor you for giving up booze for the month & the proceeds go towards helping people living with cancer) & I immediately thought of you Lorraine. There I was wiring a house & sending you all the positive thoughts I could from across the ocean. :sundog:
  • Like 7

The Go Sober for October ad came on the radio today (here in England you get people to sponsor you for giving up booze for the month & the proceeds go towards helping people living with cancer) & I immediately thought of you Lorraine. There I was wiring a house & sending you all the positive thoughts I could from across the ocean. :sundog:

That made me cry. Here I am sober since June 1987. That actually is a beautiful idea. Stop drinking for one lousy month and give the money to help those with cancer. It you can't manage to stay sober one month, get yourself into either a rehab or an AA meeting because you've got a problem.

I could feel all those positive electrical vibs across the ocean.

Zzzzzzzzzz ZZZ zzzzZZZZZZZZZZZ. z-z-z-z-z-z-zzzzzz-zzz-ZZ

No wonder why I had such a peaceful day. Even though the hospice nurse was here for almost two hours. She didn't have much to say. When she doesn't have much to say, it means that things aren't looking that good. Spent a long time listening to my stomach. Only one side seems to have any type of sound.

I appreciate with all my heart not only the positive thoughts, but that you didn't electrocute yourself. You might have come out of that one looking like Joe Jackson. :scared: :yes: :LOLsign: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 7

That made me cry. Here I am sober since June 1987. That actually is a beautiful idea. Stop drinking for one lousy month and give the money to help those with cancer. It you can't manage to stay sober one month, get yourself into either a rehab or an AA meeting because you've got a problem.

No wonder why I had such a peaceful day. Even though the hospice nurse was here for almost two hours. She didn't have much to say. When she doesn't have much to say, it means that things aren't looking that good. Spent a long time listening to my stomach. Only one side seems to have any type of sound.

I appreciate with all my heart not only the positive thoughts, but that you didn't electrocute yourself. You might have come out of that one looking like Joe Jackson. :scared: :yes: :LOLsign: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

"Look Sharp" my dear!

Love You!

• Like 2

"Look Sharp" my dear!

Love You!

Oh Earl, I could kiss you.

You made me laugh. :kisshug: :hug2:

• Like 3

"Look Sharp" my dear!

Love You!

Oh Earl, I could kiss you.

You made me laugh. :kisshug: :hug2:

Hahaha! I do my best my friend!!

Hugs and Kisses to you!!!!! :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 2

51560388884_eb1c61515c_b.jpg

Another two beauties.

You know, today was the first day I did not find one bee on any sunflower. We had it in the 30s late night and again it will be the same. Daytime high upper 50s and sunny. Still, no bees. I don't know much about their habits, but it would explain why they were working so furiously at those sunflowers the last few weeks.

• Like 5

You`re now officially linked in my mind to two great artists - Da Vinci, of course, but Vincent VG too. So that`s pretty cool - I was in the Scottish National Gallery in Edinburgh a few days ago, saw a random Van Gogh of a tree in a field, but I then thought of Sunflowers... and then you :hug2:
  • Like 5

Off to Mass, and I am praying for you whether you want the prayers or not, believe or not. (Watch out, TonyR - you get two candles ;) :cool: )

This is the highlight of my week.

I'm all dressed up and ready to go.

68019bc4865f269f11cc4800cfb681f6.jpg

How do I look? :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 9

Off to Mass, and I am praying for you whether you want the prayers or not, believe or not. (Watch out, TonyR - you get two candles ;) :cool: )

Classy and beautiful. As always.

• Like 5

Absolutely stunning! :moose:

• Like 3