The "send good wishes and happy thoughts" to Lorraine thread

laughedatbytime

I know there's already a thread out there for Lorraine's struggles but I thought it would be a good idea to start one where we send along our best wishes and good thoughts to our friend, along with things we know would be of interest to her, in addition to the one where her struggles are chronicled.

This is an important part of her life and I think it would mean a lot to her to know how much we care.

Thanks for considering!

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 11

I was thinking of Lorraine earlier and hoping she was having a good day, with the pain relenting enough that she can enjoy whatever she feels up to doing. I don`t take my current good health for granted and I hope all of us are united in counting our blessings. One of which is Lorraine!
  • Like 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R82OM5tzcrk

I know this is one of her favorite songs. Enjoy!

My History teacher lent me his Outlaws LP with this on when I was 16 or 17, as a few of us were into Skynyrd and Molly H - just like all teenagers from the middle of England were in the early 90s :crazy: Didn`t help me much with my A level History but I still love the song.
  • Like 5

What a wonderful idea LABT...thank you for starting this conversation.

It is so amazing to me to think that a mutual love for a little Canadian rock band brought us together here.

Who would have guessed of all the great friendships that would be forged as a result.

Literal strangers become an important part of your life and extended family.

Rush brothers and sisters...agreeing, (and sometimes disagreeing) just like a real family

Thank you for being a prime example of this fact Lorraine.

I am so blessed to have a friend like you, I know so many here feel the same.

As you bravely make your way to the other side, please know that we our holding your hand virtually.

I, and suspect most here, will always think of you when I/we see a picture of the Mona Lisa.

God bless you, my friend.

:heart: :monalisa: :heart:

• Like 10

What a great idea! TRF has been a fun place to hang out and meet some like minded folks. Lorraine is one of a kind.

So how about something for laughs...just saw this again in the Cinema Strangiato movie and it is :laughing guy:

Enjoy :spitwater: :hug2: Lorraine

• Like 7

I said this in the other thread, but it's the first thing that comes to mind here..

Lorraine, most of us haven't met you - but you've touched so many of us. Sending positive thoughts you way.

• Like 8

When my emotions level out, I can respond. But right now I can't.

Please know though how deeply I appreciate all of your thoughts posted.

When I am able,I will write my Last TRF Testament, because there are some here (I don't mean any who have responded) that really amaze me and leave me wondering whatever the hell I ever did to you. But I will leave that for another day.

Hospice is sending over stronger anxiety pills for me because every time I get off a good plateau, I drop down lower than the low I had before that plateau, which means I am fading fast.

I just hope I have the time to do and say everything. This place has meant so much to me over the years. I've told some others here, TRF was never just an internet place to waste my time. You people are real to me with real lives.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 13

I'm thinking of you, Lorraine. Sending you the world's biggest supply of prayers, hugs, purrs, and love.

:hug2: :heart: :hug2: :heart: :hug2: :heart: :hug2: :heart: :hug2: :heart: :hug2:

• Like 8

zSYRoTa.jpg?2

Nature has always nurtured our souls, may it keep yours alive.

Sleeping Giant Provincial Park, a favourite backcountry campsite of mine, many miles from any parking lot, a long hike, but so worth the effort. I share it with you :)

• Like 7