Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World Drum Cover in 3/4

I did a drum cover! This is Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears but with a 3/4 feel rather than the original 12/8. I also displaced the beat in the instrumental bridge sections, turning what were originally rhythmic pushes into actual downbeats. This was a both fun and challenging cover to make. I hope you enjoy it!
  • Like 2

I did a drum cover! This is Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears but with a 3/4 feel rather than the original 12/8. I also displaced the beat in the instrumental bridge sections, turning what were originally rhythmic pushes into actual downbeats. This was a both fun and challenging cover to make. I hope you enjoy it!

Dang, that's not easy to follow! Lol. I got the hang of it eventually, just counting to three over and over again till I figured out where the downbeat was. Really cool cover, love the sound of your drums and your setup.

Blasphemy! You broke one of my favorite 80s tracks! :codger:

Cool experiment. Considering this completely tosses the groove during the verses and chorus, which is the only real driving mechanism for the song, I'd say they got it right the first time. Interesting how the drums 'worked' during the instrumental sections though. Much more progressive than they or their recording label likely would have ever signed off on.