The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

Vegas is hiring ex-Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy.  I hope he wins the cup in his 1st year. He got a raw deal here,  And the guy that drafted all the shit players he had to work with (while passing on Barzal, Aho, Connor,  Chabot, and Beauvillier among others) kept his job.

13 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Does anyone find it strange there is 2 day gap in the schedule between game 1 & 2? I am assuming there's another event at Ball Arena Friday? Maybe a concert or something...

That's fortunate for the Lightning, is it not? 

2 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

I am not quite sure? :confused:

Not playing the two games so close together in a tough environment, better chance of not having the Avalanche start clicking again after a long break, those sort of things. 

16 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Does anyone find it strange there is 2 day gap in the schedule between game 1 & 2? I am assuming there's another event at Ball Arena Friday? Maybe a concert or something...

Look at the schedule, all the games have at least a day off in-between in both venues. Could they be trying to avoid playing on the same day as the NBA?

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Look at the schedule, all the games have at least a day off in-between in both venues. Could they be trying to avoid playing on the same day as the NBA?

Yes I realize the schedule is every other day in the NHL. But game one is today (Wednesday) so by all rights game two would be on Friday. However game 2 is on Saturday so that is a gap of two daze. I didn't see anything event wise scheduled at the Ball Arena so I was wondering why it was scheduled that way this round. In round 2 me Bolts had to play a back to back with no day between because os a concert that could not be rescheduled at Amalie...

12 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Yes I realize the schedule is every other day in the NHL. But game one is today (Wednesday) so by all rights game two would be on Friday. However game 2 is on Saturday so that is a gap of two daze. I didn't see anything event wise scheduled at the Ball Arena so I was wondering why it was scheduled that way this round. In round 2 me Bolts had to play a back to back with no day between because os a concert that could not be rescheduled at Amalie...

They could've split the difference and play on Saturday at noon, but I don't start drinking that early these days.  :wagfinger: 

Edited by blackhawkrush

Officially released news! Center Brayden Point will be available for game one tonight!! This is very,very good news as he is probably the fastest skater I have ever witnessed live! I respect the Av's for what they have accomplished! But they better watch out because here we come!!!

It's ON!!!

I 3ELIEVE!!!

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

:hockey1:

:hockey2:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

1 minute ago, blackhawkrush said:

Lightning lasted longer than I thought.  :wacko:

Vasilevskiy was doing a pretty good job fighting off the barrage, but to no avail.  Bolts have an uphill battle now

• Like 2

2 hours ago, goose said:

Vasilevskiy was doing a pretty good job fighting off the barrage, but to no avail.  Bolts have an uphill battle now

I was never high on Kuemper, so Tampa has an edge in goaltending, but they have to get more than eight shot on goal in a period. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I was never high on Kuemper, so Tampa has an edge in goaltending, but they have to get more than eight shot on goal in a period. 

A no dumb penalties

• Like 2

• The topic was unpinned