The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

10 hours ago, goose said:

90 seconds later...

ANDERSON PUTS THE FLAMES BACK ON TOP 7-6.

Hope you all took the over, lol.

I was toggling back and forth between the game and shows,on the dvr and thinking "wow this is nuts."

Couldn't stick around to the end, too wiped out.  These 9:30 & 9:45 pm  Eastern Time starts are wearing on this old man

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

I was toggling back and forth between the game and shows,on the dvr and thinking "wow this is nuts."

Couldn't stick around to the end, too wiped out.  These 9:30 & 9:45 pm  Eastern Time starts are wearing on this old man

I don't know how you east coast folks do it!

Last night's games were the opposites of each other.  Rangers and Canes taking turns controlling the play, tied up in dramatic fashion in the final minutes then a fast OT win.

Calgary had scored two goals before the OT was over so we didn't get to see them until the replays at intermission.

I kept watching and thinking that Calgary  had it covered  but Oilers kept coming back.  9-6 final score, been 30 years since that high of a score in a playoff.

Tonight, hoping the Panthers get going so they don't set themselves up for a sweep.  Avs need to keep on playing their game, looking for Makar to make some great plays tonight.

:yes:

• Like 2

On 5/18/2022 at 11:44 AM, pjbear05 said:

Yeah, Crim, TNT is muting down.  Unfortunately it's all we got,  TNT blacking out both Bally Sports Florida stations from broadcasting games.  I get both of them on DirecTV, South Florida and the Tampa-St. Pete affiliate, and the style is 10 times better.  Craig Minervini doing pbp and Randy Moeller's color commentary are a blast!

Found the French-Canadian feed! :chickendance:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhyta said:

Last night's games, were the opposites of each other.  The Rangers, and Hurricanes taking turns controlling the play, tied up in dramatic fashion in the final minutes, then a fast OT win.

Calgary, had scored two goals before the OT was over, so we didn't get to see them until the replays at intermission.

I kept watching, and thinking that Calgary had it covered, but the Oilers kept coming back.  9-6 was the final score, and been 30 years, since that many goals scored in a playoff game.

Tonight, hoping the Panthers get going, so they don't set themselves up for a sweep.  The Avs, need to keep on playing their game, and looking for Makar to make some great plays tonight.

:yes:

Since game six of the Conference Finals in 1993, the Calgary Flames', and Edmonton Oilers' game one was the highest scoring game they've been in.  On the list, it's tied for the fifth highest, and overall, nineth.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Panthers fail to clear puck, Tampa scores GWG with 3.8 seconds in regulation.

I'm going to be sick.  I'm done here.

How do you think Rhyta feels? She's thinking in terms of a Colorado-Tampa Bay final. 

On 5/18/2022 at 9:28 AM, pjbear05 said:

Tampa goes up 2-0 in round two with a thriller 2-1 win over the Panthers. The highlight being a backwards pass from Nikita Kucherov to Ross Colton for a goal with 3.8 seconds left in the 3rd. It not only shocked the Panthers fans it definitely surprised everyone as it was more than certain this game was going to go to OT.

Next up matinee Sunday 1:30pm @ Amalie

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

:hockey1:

:hockey2:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Calgary and Edmonton.

Making popcorn.

Logging off. It's late but it's going to be a great game no matter what!!!

1 hour ago, Bahamas said:

Calgary and Edmonton.

Making popcorn.

Logging off. It's late but it's going to be a great game no matter what!!!

Can't wait.

Meantime,  in the NBA Golden State is staging an epic comeback

On 5/19/2022 at 8:03 PM, blackhawkrush said:

How do you think Rhyta feels? She's thinking in terms of a Colorado-Tampa Bay final. 

:laugh: No, I was hoping the Panthers would end the quest for 3 by TB.  I think Carolina is the dark horse to win the Eastern Conference. 

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

On 5/20/2022 at 12:31 PM, blackhawkrush said:

I like Schenn, he's silly.  :smash:

He's a crybaby, yelling at the ref and refusing to get in the penalty box in Game 1.  Why the ref didn't give him a misconduct is a mystery.

p.s.  thought you weren't a Blues fan?  /s

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

He's a crybaby, yelling at the ref and refusing to get in the penalty box in Game 1.  Why the ref didn't give him a misconduct is a mystery.

p.s.  thought you weren't a Blues fan?  /s

Did you see him go after the penalty box camera with his stick? That's why he's silly. :wink:

21 hours ago, goose said:

Can't wait.

Meantime,  in the NBA Golden State is staging an epic comeback

I never got into the NBA much, honestly professional sports is not my thing.

But something about the Leafs has always kept my interest.

Something about Toronto nostalgia and living up in the Lakehead? Wanting to root for my home town? Not sure.

But yes it was a late game and I stayed up until the end. Much popcorn was shovelled into my mouth :)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Did you see him go after the penalty box camera with his stick? That's why he's silly. :wink:

Yes I saw that, silly isn't the word I would use to describe him :wink:

Wow, the Avs get the win in a hard fought game.:hockey2:  Girard got his collarbone broken so will be out for the rest of the playoffs.  Binnington got taken out by a collision with Kadri and Rosen.   Glad to see Makar set up a great goal, the Avs looked a lot better.  Going to be a long series, Blues played tough.

• Like 4

:laugh:

Tampa goes up 3-0 in round two with a blow out 5-1 win! The most awesome thing regarding the experience today in Amalie today. I was able to bring my "Nephew In Law" to his 1st NHL hockey game today! As known by everyone here it was a playoff game. 8 + - minutes in the 1st he looks at me in a state of awe & says "Man hockey is INTENSE!!!" I almost fell out of my seat!:laugh:

Tampa up 3-0!

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

:hockey1:

:hockey2:

• Like 1

I am never happy having to choose a team after the regular season, but...

The Battle of Alberta (?) is fun. I chose Edmonton for certain reasons, but not to hate on Calgary.

So I am about to watch their battle (with more popcorn) and I might need immense emotional support. 

TRF hand holding if ever you saw it!! Ever !!

34 minutes ago, Bahamas said:

I am never happy having to choose a team after the regular season, but...

The Battle of Alberta (?) is fun. I chose Edmonton for certain reasons, but not to hate on Calgary.

So I am about to watch their battle (with more popcorn) and I might need immense emotional support. 

TRF hand holding if ever you saw it!! Ever !!

A good one so far, with Edmonton putting a ton of pressure on Calgary.  

Both Smith and Markstrom solid in goal so far

Edited by goose

• The topic was unpinned