The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

So what to make of the trades of Huberdeau and Weegar?  Tkachuk was out of the blue as well.  Heard lots of fans were not happy to lose those two..

It'll be interesting to see how this works out for both teams. I think Calgary got the most they could out of the situation. Let's hope the same happens for our organization (Kane, Toews) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rhyta said:

So what to make of the trades of Huberdeau and Weegar?  Tkachuk was out of the blue as well.  Heard lots of fans were not happy to lose those two..

Haven't heard much from fans yet, but I for one am pissed, especially with losing Huberdau.  The guy played his butt off.  Saw an interview with him and even HE is a little dazed by the trade.  If this blows up in the Cats' faces there's gonna be a lot more than metaphorical rats landing on the ice.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

It'll be interesting to see how this works out for both teams. I think Calgary got the most they could out of the situation. Let's hope the same happens for our organization (Kane, Toews) 

Seems like Toews is tired of the chaotic management,

“I can’t speak for [Kane], but I definitely feel that the amount of turnover our team has gone through every single year these last three or four years, that’s where it gets really, really draining. And exhausting," he said. "You have a guy like Alex DeBrincat who was under Kaner’s wing. And I like to think that Kirby and I had that bond in some ways, too. And out they go, out the door. Over and over, we’ve seen that turnover."“At the end of the day, we’re talking about a five-plus-year process, according to [Blackhawks GM Kyle Davidson],” Toews told Mark Lazerus of The Athletic. “So that part of it doesn’t sound appealing to me at all."

I hope both of them find a better place to finish out their careers, they have been hanging in there for years now and it just has fallen apart.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Seems like Toews is tired of the chaotic management,

“I can’t speak for [Kane], but I definitely feel that the amount of turnover our team has gone through every single year these last three or four years, that’s where it gets really, really draining. And exhausting," he said. "You have a guy like Alex DeBrincat who was under Kaner’s wing. And I like to think that Kirby and I had that bond in some ways, too. And out they go, out the door. Over and over, we’ve seen that turnover."“At the end of the day, we’re talking about a five-plus-year process, according to [Blackhawks GM Kyle Davidson],” Toews told Mark Lazerus of The Athletic. “So that part of it doesn’t sound appealing to me at all."

I hope both of them find a better place to finish out their careers, they have been hanging in there for years now and it just has fallen apart.

My prediction: Kane to Buffalo, Toews to Winnipeg. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Kane officially on the trading block!

Looks like the hawks want to do their own version of a dumpster fire!!!

Colorado Rockies, here we come. Let's just hope we don't end up in New Jersey.  :unsure:  

• Haha 1

On 8/7/2022 at 12:02 AM, blackhawkrush said:

Colorado Rockies, here we come. Let's just hope we don't end up in New Jersey.  :unsure:  

Won't you just love cheering for the Avs if Kane joins the team?  /s   I am doubtful they will get him but I have heard Dallas may be trying and that would truly suck!  Hope he gets a chance at getting another Cup before he hangs up his skates.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Won't you just love cheering for the Avs if Kane joins the team?  /s   I am doubtful they will get him but I have heard Dallas may be trying and that would truly suck!  Hope he gets a chance at getting another Cup before he hangs up his skates.

You'd be wrong there, Mrs. John Denver. Just like I wasn't cheering for Chelios when he went to Detroit, and I was right about not doing that. 

7 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

You'd be wrong there, Mrs. John Denver. Just like I wasn't cheering for Chelios when he went to Detroit, and I was right about not doing that. 

That was pure snark, I KNOW you wouldn't be happy if he went to the Avs, just having some fun. :cool:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

That was pure snark, I KNOW you wouldn't be happy if he went to the Avs, just having some fun. :cool:

I hope he ends up like Keith. Can you imagine him going somewhere and winning four Cups? His number retiring ceremony at the UC would seem a bit awkward. 

11 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I hope he ends up like Keith. Can you imagine him going somewhere and winning four Cups? His number retiring ceremony at the UC would seem a bit awkward. 

It would be awkward but I hope he does get one more Cup, Keith really was at the end of his career because his body was just worn out.

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

It would be awkward but I hope he does get one more Cup, Keith really was at the end of his career because his body was just worn out.

We'll differ on that, but if he goes to Buffalo, I'll be able to sleep well. 

• Like 1

I've followed this team since the start of the 00-01 season and had to miss game 7 thanks to some stupid year end scout camp(it was amazing).  Been through way too many lows the last 10 years, but now the cup is home.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cygnus 2112 said:

I've followed this team since the start of the 00-01 season and had to miss game 7 thanks to some stupid year end scout camp(it was amazing).  Been through way too many lows the last 10 years, but now the cup is home.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Avs were my Mom's favorite team, I was happy when they won their Cups in 1996 and 2001.  Since my Mom passed 6 years ago I have followed them and was sad at how far they had fallen.  It has been a great story to watch them reform into a powerhouse and win another Cup.  Sakic was Mom's favorite player so he became a great GM, the trades he made at the deadline really were an ace in the hole for the team.  Very happy for them to win another Cup. :yes:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Been quiet here, USA gets booted from the Juniors by Czechia :facepalm:   Very disappointing.  On the trade front,  Jack Johnson signs a one year deal with the Hawks, guess he figured he'd try to help them out or wants to play one more year? :unsure:   Today Calgary signed Kadri to a 7 year contract,  Avs will continue to see him now, guess Flames needed him after losing Johnny Hockey and Tkachuk. They could be scary now with Huberdeau and Campbell in goal.

• Like 2

On 8/19/2022 at 1:10 AM, Rhyta said:

Been quiet here, USA gets booted from the Juniors by Czechia :facepalm:   Very disappointing.  On the trade front,  Jack Johnson signs a one year deal with the Hawks, guess he figured he'd try to help them out or wants to play one more year? :unsure:   Today Calgary signed Kadri to a 7 year contract,  Avs will continue to see him now, guess Flames needed him after losing Johnny Hockey and Tkachuk. They could be scary now with Huberdeau and Campbell in goal.

I'm shocked Johnson wanted to come to Chicago for less than a million. That Canada-Finland overtime was one for the ages. McTavish will never forget it. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 1:10 AM, Rhyta said:

It's been quiet here.  USA gets booted from the Juniors by Czechia :facepalm:   Very disappointing.  On the trade front,  Jack Johnson signs a one year deal with the Hawks.  I guess he figured he'd try to help them out, or wants to play one more year? :unsure:   Today, Calgary, signed Kadri to a 7 year contract.  Avs will continue to see him, now.  I guess the Flames needed him after losing Johnny Hockey and Tkachuk.  Calgary, could be scary, now, with Jonathan Huberdeau, and Jacob Markstrom.  In Edmonton, Jack Campbell is in goal.

At the 2022 IIHF World Junior Championships in Edmonton, Alberta, in the quarterfinal games after the preliminary round ones, Canada, and U.S. finished first place in Groups A & B, Canada beat Switzerland 6-3, and Czechia beat U.S. 4-2.  In the Gold Medal game, Canada beat Finland 3-2 in overtime.  I've always liked Nazem Kadri, and haven't had any problems, and issues on how he plays.  When he played on, and for the Toronto Maple Leafs, and Colorado Avalanche, he has, and does it with heart including on his sleeve.  Don't know, and haven't known how Calgary, Columbus, and Florida will do with Jonathan Huberdeau, Johnny Gaudreau, and Matthew Tkachuk.  Calgary, has the goalie Jacob Markstrom, and Edmonton, has the goalie Jack Campbell.    

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 4:31 PM, Derek19 said:

At the 2022 IIHF World Junior Championships in Edmonton, Alberta, in the quarterfinal games after the preliminary round ones, Canada, and U.S. finished first place in Groups A & B, Canada beat Switzerland 6-3, and Czechia beat U.S. 4-2.  In the Gold Medal game, Canada beat Finland 3-2 in overtime.  I've always liked Nazem Kadri, and haven't had any problems, and issues on how he plays.  When he played on, and for the Toronto Maple Leafs, and Colorado Avalanche, he has, and does it with heart including on his sleeve.  Don't know, and haven't known how Calgary, Columbus, and Florida will do with Jonathan Huberdeau, Johnny Gaudreau, and Matthew Tkachuk.  Calgary, has the goalie Jacob Markstrom, and Edmonton, has the goalie Jack Campbell.    

Oops my mistake, Campbell was traded to Edmonton. Mike Smith is in his last year of his contract and (I believe) hurt at the moment.  So they needed a replacement.

Paul Stazny signed a one year contract with Carolina, that team is going to be tough.  MacKinnon had his day with the Stanley Cup on the 20th.  No sign of Crosby, thought he would make an appearance. Disappointing since Nathan was at both of Crosby's recent parties in 2016/17.

On 8/29/2022 at 6:52 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Troy Murray and Patrick Sharp will do color on TV for the Hawks. This I like.  :smile:  

Sharp did a great job on NBCSN, looking forward to seeing him on the tube again.  Is Troy going to be tv only now or will he still do some radio?

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned