The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

3 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Ouch!

I may have mis counted. I just did a quick glance. I am going to double check later.

An article on the NHL.com Lightning site says Tampa will have 14 back-to-backs.  :rose:

• Like 1

DeBrincat going to Ottawa,  WTH?  Enjoy the slide to the bottom Hawks :facepalm:

Even worse, traded Dach for a better deal than the Cat.

:firedevil: dumpster fire

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Duncan Keith announced his retirement today.  Feel very sad yet he has done so much for the game and the Blackhawks.  2 Norris trophies, 2 Olympic Gold Medals, 1 Worlds Silver, 3 Stanley Cups and a Conn Smythe.  Quite the career, Hawks were lucky to have Duncan "teeth" :yes:

On a side note, wondering if he tipped them off since they are going to be taking a cap hit for his early exit..explains DeBrincat and Dach trades? :confused:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Duncan Keith announced his retirement today.  Feel very sad yet he has done so much for the game and the Blackhawks.  2 Norris trophies, 2 Olympic Gold Medals, 1 Worlds Silver, 3 Stanley Cups and a Conn Smythe.  Quite the career, Hawks were lucky to have Duncan "teeth" :yes:

On a side note, wondering if he tipped them off since they are going to be taking a cap hit for his early exit..explains DeBrincat and Dach trades? :confused:

As his pluses, Keith could list a great shot, great speed and ability to play long minutes, even for a defenseman. The minuses include being victimized one on one by not only NHL stars and his lack of physical play, relying too much on his stick work. Not an all-round player, but his number will be retired at the UC. 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 2:50 PM, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Ouch!

I may have mis counted. I just did a quick glance. I am going to double check later.

So I finally had a chance to thoroughly review the Lightning 2022/23 season schedule and also the preseason too.

During the regular season there are 10 back to back with 4 of them residing in the opening month of October! However the interesting thing is during the preseason me Bolts play 4 games in a row. September 27,28,29 & 30!

So it looks pretty grueling for a team that has skater more games than all the others for the last 3 seasons. However with that said as I have seen I the past it's better for this hockey club to play continuously as opposed to having too much rest! Only time will tell me

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

5 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Max Domi and Andreas Athanasiou are new members of the Blackhawks. That's where the DeBrincat $6million went to. 

Hawks also add a fourth line center Colin Blackwell. 

8 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Hawks also add a fourth line center Colin Blackwell. 

Too bad they sent Kubalik to the Red Wings, bet he will be glad to see his old line mate Suter.  Stalock will be Mrazek's backup.

• Like 1

Glad Avs kept Nichushkin and Lehkohen got a new contract.  Kuemper will at least be out of the Central Division by going to the Caps, hope he does well.

Concerned the move to Hockey operations by Sakic might mess the trades up, but so far so good.

12 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Glad Avs kept Nichushkin and Lehkohen got a new contract.  Kuemper will at least be out of the Central Division by going to the Caps, hope he does well.

Concerned the move to Hockey operations by Sakic might mess the trades up, but so far so good.

The big loss is Burakovsky. We saw how hard it was for Colorado to get over the line in the Final with him out of the line-up. 

9 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

The big loss is Burakovsky. We saw how hard it was for Colorado to get over the line in the Final with him out of the line-up. 

I don't know if that is true, they seemed to fill in with others like Compher but Andre was clutch in the overtime win against Tampa.  Still will remember his shot going in and out the back of the net, crazy.  Then Kadri's got trapped at the top, some strange goals.

12 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Panthers claim no cap space, or are just cheap, lose Claude Giroux to the Sens. Assholes.

Doesn't make sense and they keep Thornton who they didn't play much during the playoffs :confused:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rhyta said:

I don't know if that is true, they seemed to fill in with others like Compher but Andre was clutch in the overtime win against Tampa.  Still will remember his shot going in and out the back of the net, crazy.  Then Kadri's got trapped at the top, some strange goals.

It just seemed to me that when Burakovsky was in the line-up, the Avs had more of that strangling pressure about themselves that the Golden Knights were so famous for when they joined the league. And for him to go to Seattle... :nuts: 

On 7/14/2022 at 11:05 PM, blackhawkrush said:

It just seemed to me that when Burakovsky was in the line-up, the Avs had more of that strangling pressure about themselves that the Golden Knights were so famous for when they joined the league. And for him to go to Seattle... :nuts: 

Yes he is good that way and he had the overtime goal in Game 1 of the finals :smile:  The cap situation sucks, Kuemper left and I remember when the Hawks let Niemi go after winning in 2010.  Never know if it will work out.  Burky seemed ok with it.  Embarrassment of riches for Sakic, they were hoping to get MacKinnon resigned in the offseason rather than waiting until next year so who knows?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Yes he is good that way and he had the overtime goal in Game 1 of the finals :smile:  The cap situation sucks, Kuemper left and I remember when the Hawks let Niemi go after winning in 2010.  Never know if it will work out.  Burky seemed ok with it.  Embarrassment of riches for Sakic, they were hoping to get MacKinnon resigned in the offseason rather than waiting until next year so who knows?

It worked out for the Hawks. Niemi couldn't get San Jose over the hump, and we ended up with the Crawford era. :atickhum:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

The exodus continues...:unsure:

I think he's trying to make room for his son, who is also a color analyst involved with the Hawks. He sounds almost the same as his dad, but appears to be more of a homer. 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 7:37 AM, pjbear05 said:

Panthers claim no cap space, or are just cheap, lose Claude Giroux to the Sens. Assholes.

So what to make of the trades of Huberdeau and Weegar?  Tkachuk was out of the blue as well.  Heard lots of fans were not happy to lose those two..

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned