The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

Crazy game. Officiating was pretty rough for both teams, quite a few missed penalties.

Bolts looked pretty tough in the first period but the Avs woke up for the rest of the game.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Or Maroon for breaking his stick after slashing Manson's leg?? 

GOAL!!

Yeah, wtf is up with how the refs conveniently missed that one.

Even more telling after watching "Unrivaled", the 30 for 30 documentary on the wars between the Av's and my beloved Red Wings in the '96-'97 and '97-'98 seasons.  They had Buttman on there talking chit about enforcement has been improved. Yeah, right.   I was rooting for the Bolts, but Marroon should have been sent off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

He is a complete scumbag (Moron that is).

And he's got as many rings as Kane and Toews. :facepalm:  At least we stopped him in 2015. :smile: 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

And he's got as many rings as Kane and Toews. :facepalm:  At least we stopped him in 2015. :smile: 

Even a blind hog finds a few acorns:rolleyes:   Perry is now 0 for 3 but then he had one with Anaheim so who knows why some really good players never get a Cup and others luck into it.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Former Florida  and  Vancouver goaltender Roberto Luongo elected to the HOF.  He enters along with former Canuck teammates Daniel and Henrik Sedin. Congratulations, Roberto.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Even a blind hog finds a few acorns:rolleyes:   Perry is now 0 for 3 but then he had one with Anaheim so who knows why some really good players never get a Cup and others luck into it.

You sometimes have to know how to get on the coattail ( Timonen, Bourque ) 

• Like 1

We it's been a couple of daze to soak it all in. I may have said this before. Even though I am heartbroken that me Bolts didn't 3peat, I am so very proud of my team and the Lightning organization as s whole of ALL the accomplishments made in the last several years! I look forward to a future that is filled with the same kind of success & then some! On another note the lightning released the actual injury report of what the team was dealing with! All I can say is wOw! Knowing hockey is one of the few sports players pretend not to be hurt. The report brings to light that it was worse than I (& many others) thought. What a group!!! Certainly answers a few questions I had about the level of performance!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.rawcharge.com/platform/amp/2022/6/28/23186411/julien-brisebois-revealed-the-injuries-that-the-tampa-bay-lightning-played-through-during-postseason&ved=2ahUKEwjou_ziitP4AhW7F1kFHVYVA78QyM8BKAB6BAgCEAI&usg=AOvVaw0swwSXNecid52TM_NrBAcg

Looking forward to next season!

Training camp starts what in like 12 weeks 😆

LET'S GO BOLTS!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

We it's been a couple of daze to soak it all in. I may have said this before. Even though I am heartbroken that me Bolts didn't 3peat, I am so very proud of my team and the Lightning organization as s whole of ALL the accomplishments made in the last several years! I look forward to a future that is filled with the same kind of success & then some! On another note the lightning released the actual injury report of what the team was dealing with! All I can say is wOw! Knowing hockey is one of the few sports players pretend not to be hurt. The report brings to light that it was worse than I (& many others) thought. What a group!!! Certainly answers a few questions I had about the level of performance!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.rawcharge.com/platform/amp/2022/6/28/23186411/julien-brisebois-revealed-the-injuries-that-the-tampa-bay-lightning-played-through-during-postseason&ved=2ahUKEwjou_ziitP4AhW7F1kFHVYVA78QyM8BKAB6BAgCEAI&usg=AOvVaw0swwSXNecid52TM_NrBAcg

Looking forward to next season!

Training camp starts what in like 12 weeks 😆

LET'S GO BOLTS!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

It was a great series.  I am amazed at how tough hockey players are, just mind boggling how they can play when they should be sitting on the sidelines getting treatment!  I think it was Cicarelli who had to have a teammate help him put his jersey on..:ohmy:

I saw a picture of Nichuskin's foot, how could he even walk? :unsure: Then Kadri had to have the trainers tie his skates because of his thumb.  Burakowski broke his thumb in Game 2 but had been playing on a broken ankle.  Crazy.   Strange how the Avs had 3 guys break bones in their hands this time.  Guess the old saying is true, if it is the playoffs everybody is playing hurt.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3

On 6/28/2022 at 10:14 AM, pjbear05 said:

Former Florida  and  Vancouver goaltender Roberto Luongo elected to the HOF.  He enters along with former Canuck teammates Daniel and Henrik Sedin. Congratulations, Roberto.

It's hard to believe it has already been eight years since Luongo last played for the Canucks (2014).  The time, she flies.

7 hours ago, Rhyta said:

It was a great series.  I am amazed at how tough hockey players are, just mind boggling how they can play when they should be sitting on the sidelines getting treatment!  I think it was Cicarelli who had to have a teammate help him put his jersey on..:ohmy:

I saw a picture of Nichuskin's foot, how could he even walk? :unsure: Then Kadri had to have the trainers tie his skates because of his thumb.  Burakowski broke his thumb in Game 2 but had been playing on a broken ankle.  Crazy.   Strange how the Avs had 3 guys break bones in their hands this time.  Guess the old saying is true, if it is the playoffs everybody is playing hurt.

But surely the world record is still held by Claude Giroux who tried to play with a hole in his lung and two other injuries. (2010) :wacko: 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 12:56 PM, pjbear05 said:

So God only knows who the Red Wings will hire.  I say it's time for Stevie to lace em up and hit the ice.

It's done! Stevie picks TB assistant Derek Lalonde as Wings head coach.

• Like 1

Tampa moves fast to lock up some key acquisitions by sighing/extending F Nick Paul to a 7 year deal with a 3.15 Million AAV.

News on the street is the front office will aggressively try to retain all their Free Agents in the off season. However it does appear that D Ryan McDonagh will be traded.

Only time will tell...

On 6/29/2022 at 10:16 PM, blackhawkrush said:

But surely the world record is still held by Claude Giroux who tried to play with a hole in his lung and two other injuries. (2010) :wacko: 

Don't remember this one. How could he play with a hole in his lung?

Collition is now coach for Vancouver's AHL team.

I keep seeing rumors that the Hawks are shopping DeBrincat around?  Is that true?  They would be nuts to let him go IMHO

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Don't remember this one. How could he play with a hole in his lung?

Collition is now coach for Vancouver's AHL team.

I keep seeing rumors that the Hawks are shopping DeBrincat around?  Is that true?  They would be nuts to let him go IMHO

Sorry, I made a mistake on the player and year. It was of course Patrice Bergeron in 2013, when the Hawks played the Bruins in the final. He had a procedure done and they accidentally punctured his lung with a needle. He tried to give it a shot in game 6, but had to leave after about ten minutes. There's been some talk about the Hawks trading DeBrincat for a while now. It wouldn't be the first blunder made by this team in the last few years. 

• Like 1

In a not so surprising move. The Lightning trade D Ryan McDonagh to the Nashville Predators on Sunday for younger defenseman Philippe Myers and forward prospect Grant Mismash, clearing significant salary cap space to make more moves this offseason.

3 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

In a not so surprising move. The Lightning trade D Ryan McDonagh to the Nashville Predators on Sunday for younger defenseman Philippe Myers and forward prospect Grant Mismash, clearing significant salary cap space to make more moves this offseason.

FYI I think even though Grant is a prospect he has an awesome last name for NHL Hockey 😆

On 7/3/2022 at 10:25 AM, blackhawkrush said:

Sorry, I made a mistake on the player and year. It was of course Patrice Bergeron in 2013, when the Hawks played the Bruins in the final. He had a procedure done and they accidentally punctured his lung with a needle. He tried to give it a shot in game 6, but had to leave after about ten minutes. There's been some talk about the Hawks trading DeBrincat for a while now. It wouldn't be the first blunder made by this team in the last few years. 

Thought they were trying to put the blunders of Bowman and company behind them.  Doesn't inspire a lot of confidence they have any idea what they are doing.

• Like 1

Mike Grier named General Manager of the San Jose Sharks, making him the first black GM in the NHL.  Grier played 14 seasons in the League, with San Jose, Buffalo, Washington, and Edmonton, retiring from playing in 2011.  Mike's brother Chris is GM of NFL's Miami Dolphins.  Congratulations, Mike.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

NHL Released the 2022/23 full season schedule for the Lighting! At 1st glance I count 10 back to backs 2 of which are in the 1st regular season month of October!

Hawks have 12 back-to-backs and we start the season in Colorado.  :16ton:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• The topic was unpinned