The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

9 hours ago, Rhyta said:

He was sucking wind though so he wasn't wrong:wink:

The other four Lightning players were on the ice for about a minute and a half, but Ferraro singled out Paul, why? Because he was taking the face-off and good old Ray was hoping he'd lose it. And when Palat scored, you could tell RF was not a happy camper...maybe he didn't want to work on Sunday? 

9 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Very disappointed but we still only need one win, with Avs road record that's doable.  :yes:

Nice to know his whining was heard and noted.  Funny how Vasy's helmet just happened to fall off at a crucial time?  :facepalm:

Yes I am being snarky so I better leave it there...:sigh:

Crucial time? The puck was at the blue line, and the Avs player was covered. 

42 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Trotz taking a year off from coaching for family reasons. He probably would've gone to Winnipeg anyway. 

So God only knows who the Red Wings will hire.  I say it's time for Stevie to lace em up and hit the ice.

15 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Lovely Rhyta, I have watched all the broadcasts of the playoffs via ESPN as that's what I get with the streaming service I use. With all due respect in ALL those broadcast I have never heard ANY of the ESPN crew "Rave" about the lightning! Yes I have heard them say some favorable things when forced to eat their words about how eveybody else is better, faster, hungrier etc. when me Bolts are on an upswing. However with that said they are truly "Anybody but Tampa oriented". I would think myself paranoid if I have not repeatedly heard the same reflections from multiple & numerous sources...

On to game 6!

Still debating if I want to go or use my last opportunity to cash in on big bucks & sell my seats considering even if we win The cup will not be hoisted at Amalie... If there was a possibility that Tampa could close it out game 6 it would be a no brainer 😆

I have been watching the ABC broadcast and they cut back to the ESPN studio between periods.  I distinctly saw Messier and Chelios say how the Bolts were slowing the Avs down in both intermissions.  I think the Avs are getting a lot of praise (for good reason IMHO) because they have had a rebuild over the last 5 years and have been getting better each year.  That said ESPN has been building up the possible 3 Cups in a row quite a bit with a lot of fanfare.  So I don't see them being slighted but that's my take on it.

:coy:

• Like 2

I was going to say this before.  When I watch the Toronto Maple Leafs' hockey games on Sportsnet, and CBC, there hasn't ever been any talking about only one hockey team, and not the other, and no prejudice in announcing hockey games, too.  I don't know why the mention of that was a lot.  There are some good announcers, commentators, and journalists, who are none biased ones including Ron MacLean, Elliotte Friedman, and Ray Ferraro.  I'm glad, to see "Auston Matthews" won the "Hart Trophy", and "Ted Lindsay Award" as he did deserve them.  For Colorado, if Andre Burakovsky, and Valeri Nichushkin, will be available, and in the lineup, I don't know about Andre Burakovsky, who will be a game-time decision from his upper-body injury, too, but is hoping Valeri Nichushkin from his lower-body injury, will be in tonight's game six of the Stanley Cup Final.  For Tampa Bay, Brayden Point, won't be in the lineup from his severe, lower-body injury, but is hoping to be in a potential game seven.  Congratulations, to Colorado Avalanche, for becoming the 2021-22 Stanley Cup Champions.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Rhyta said:

I have been watching the ABC broadcast and they cut back to the ESPN studio between periods.  I distinctly saw Messier and Chelios say how the Bolts were slowing the Avs down in both intermissions.  I think the Avs are getting a lot of praise (for good reason IMHO) because they have had a rebuild over the last 5 years and have been getting better each year.  That said ESPN has been building up the possible 3 Cups in a row quite a bit with a lot of fanfare.  So I don't see them being slighted but that's my take on it.

:coy:

It's All good! That is why I say I love to see the booth dudes have to eat their words! Tonight in the pregame, with an objective ear I actually heard some props for Tampa even if it was preceded by "well how did we get here?" 😆

No worries it's gonna be a battle! I actually sold my seats so I can watch at home! If there was a chance me Bolts could hoist the cup tonight, wild horses couldn't keep me away. I got a real nice chunk of change that helps me pay for my season tickets. Game 4 with the OT made a 1:30 am return home time, 2:30am bed time & a 5 am alarm clock warning roll around waaaaaaay toooooo fast! Looking forward to a GREAT game tonight!!!

LET'S GO BOLTS!!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

:hockey1:

:hockey2:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

All right, I'll be Rhyta: 'What about McKinnon getting high-sticked before the goal?'  :fistscrying:

Or Maroon for breaking his stick after slashing Manson's leg?? 

GOAL!!

Edited by Rhyta

AVS WIN!!!  Stanley Cup Champions after 20+ years :cheer::bounce::clap::yes:

So so happy for the team, this has been a fantastic year for them and kudos to Joe Sakic for building this roster up over 5 years.  Fantastic job.

ALL HAIL CALE :yes::notworthy:  Conn Smythe winner as well. :heart:

This is just fabulous and I am going to enjoy this,  I needed some good news after a lousy Friday.   :aliendance:

• Like 5

7 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Burakovsky, Nichushkin...will they be available for Avalanche tonight? 

Nichushkin was but not Burakovsky but you probably know that by now.  Glad to see Burakovsky on the ice for the celebration as well as Girard and others.

SWEET :hockey2::hockey2:

Funny addendum: on my local news this morning the haircut reading the news said, "The Stanley Cup was awarded last night to Colorado. The eh-vee-ess hadn't won the cup since 2001."

:hockey2:

(I'm guessing his transcript said AVS and he's not a hockey fan.)

• Haha 2

• The topic was unpinned