The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

7 hours ago, Rhyta said:

You must have missed the first part, he showed up in Tampa because he wants the Bolts to win...need to stop trying so hard to find things to blow out of proportion. :facepalm:

He (Barkley if that's the he you were referring to?) actually said he's not a Lighting fan but a cooper fan but he was pulling for the lightning and then all about the Av's from there...

https://www.google.com/search?q=vhales+barkley+at+lightning+game&oq=vhales+barkley+at+lightning+game&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i10i160l3j33i299j33i22i29i30l4.23668j0j7&client=ms-android-boost-us-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:ec8a8643,vid:EdwzUUzE5EE,st:0

On 6/20/2022 at 7:51 PM, blackhawkrush said:

I'm watching the Canadian feed, is it Olczyk? :tongue:

No Olczyk in the Finals.  Sean McDonough, Ray Ferraro and Emily Kaplan on ABC.  Steve Levy,  Brian Boucher, Mark Messier and Chris Chelios in the the ESPN studio.

ESPN+  had Kenny Albert with Olczyk and Keith Jones during the regular season.

Can I just say it doesn't seem the same without Doc Emerick in the Finals :sigh:  I really enjoyed him.  Also miss Patrick Sharp, he did a great job too.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

I had to choose a team. 

For trivial reasons, but reasons just the same, I am going with Florida.

Oi!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Rhyta said:

No Olczyk in the Finals.  Sean McDonough, Ray Ferraro and Emily Kaplan on ABC.  Steve Levy,  Brian Boucher, Mark Messier and Chris Chelios in the the ESPN studio.

ESPN+  had Kenny Albert with Olczyk and Keith Jones during the regular season.

Can I just say it doesn't seem the same without Doc Emerick in the Finals :sigh:  I really enjoyed him.  Also miss Patrick Sharp, he did a great job too.

I agree about Doc Emerick! I miss him. It's not quite the same without him. 

• Like 2

Post Amalie update. 

Tampa drops a must win game 4, 3 - 2 in OT!

The Av's are now up 3-1 in the series!

Although it's not impossible for Tampa to come back to win it all, it is definitely highly improbable! I am still very proud of my team for the all the accomplishments they have made in the past couple of years! We'll see what happens, only time will tell...

LET'S GO BOLTS!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

:hockey1:

:hockey2:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

15 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Post Amalie update. 

Tampa drops a must win game 4, 3 - 2 in OT!

The Av's are now up 3-1 in the series!

Although it's not impossible for Tampa to come back to win it all, it is definitely highly improbable! I am still very proud of my team for the all the accomplishments they have made in the past couple of years! We'll see what happens, only time will tell...

LET'S GO BOLTS!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

Even if the Bolts don't win this, 11 straight series wins in the cap era is damned impressive.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Vassy Snubbed again...

:thumbsdown:

:rolleyes: He has a Vezina and a Conn Symthe award.  His stats were not as good this year so he missed the cut.

• Like 1

Avs got their split so it is back to Ball Arena up 3-1.  Game was very tight at the beginning, Tampa out shot them and the flukey goal when Kuemper's mask came off was concerning.  Yet Kuemps came back and made a bunch of saves to keep it 1-0 by the end of the period.

Glad to see MacKinnon get a goal and of course for Kadri to be in the game.  Can't believe he was playing, figured he would be out for the rest of the series.  Avs come out and tie it up early in the third, they have won a lot of games by coming back in the final period.

Avs finally started to pick up the tempo and by the OT, it was making a difference in time spent in the Bolts end.  Beautiful goal by Kadri, really  happy for him. :cheer:

GO AVS!!  :hockey2:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

What's this business Cooper is barking about the Av's having too many men on the ice when the GWG was scored?

He's just winning. Apparently the guy Kadri changed for hadn't completely gotten off the ice yet.  It's a b******* thing to complain about especially given their recent history.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, edhunter said:

He's just winning. Apparently the guy Kadri changed for hadn't completely gotten off the ice yet.  It's a b******* thing to complain about especially given their recent history.

Agreed! From my chair it was kinda a "Poopie Pants" maneuver! I can assure tho it has stoked the masses in these parts. I was there last night and I can tell you the officiating was horrendous on both sides of the ice! So in hockey terms "They were letting them play!' I am sad my team lost! I don't think it's over but it does seem that something is amiss in Tampa's level of performance! It's probably due to the fact we as Tampa fans have been a bit spoiled! On to game 5! For me Bolts it's do or die!

FYI, on a personal note I am starting to feel like the saddest Ranger fan did...

LET'S GO BOLTS!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 3

On 6/22/2022 at 1:40 PM, blackhawkrush said:

And the Hawks are looking for someone in Estonia.  :rolleyes:  

Sounds like they are looking at Luke Richardson.  What?  Another coach with only AHL experience, haven't they learned from the Colliton experiment?? :facepalm:  King would have been better to keep on for a while longer IMHO.  Plan on more disappointment for years :smash:

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned