The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

Uneasy about tonight.  If Tampa doesnt close this out tonight, Rangers will jack them up big time in The Garden Tuesday.  Imho Bolts would smash the Avs for the threepeat;  Rangers not so much.

• Like 1

Just now, pjbear05 said:

Uneasy about tonight.  If Tampa doesnt close this out tonight, Rangers will jack them up big time in The Garden Tuesday.  Imho Bolts would smash the Avs for the threepeat;  Rangers not so much.

Just as some posters upthread said time to bet the house that Tampa would win game two, I'm willing to put their homes back in the pot and bet Tampa closes this thing out without letting the Rangers up off the mat. Mentally, the Rangers have to be so tense as to be fried, and the Lightning know what they're doing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Uh-oh! I hear Rhyta's footsteps. :whipgirl:

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

I think if the Rangers have anything left in the tank, it will all be left out on the ice this evening! If things don't go their way early and they go in desperation or goon squad mode, Tampa will be able to exploit! Tampa just has to make sure they stick with their game and force NY to play along. It's gonna be real interesting!!! Is it 8pm yet??:unsure:

LET'S GO BOLTS!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

:hockey1:

:hockey2:

• Like 1

So I am sure most of you guys heard something about the NYR fan sucker punching a TBL fan Thursday night in "The Garden". The story is going viral around these parts. I attached the article from the Tampa Bay Times. I am all about full unbridled passion to support a sports team. But to do physical harm to another person crosses the line!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tampabay.com/news/crime/2022/06/10/lightning-fan-knocked-out-in-viral-video-of-sucker-punch-from-rangers-fan/%3foutputType=amp

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Rangers lose!!!!:aliendance::cheer::cheer::aliendance:

28 years Cupless.  More than half the 54 years they went between Cups from 1940 to 1994, and now more than half the time since the Leafs have won one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Tampa BE for REAL!!!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

On To Denver!

For sure.  Man, are they quick.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Tampa BE for REAL!!!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

On To Denver!

Yep, didn't screw around this time.  Won't screw around for the finals either.

Bolts threepeat in 6.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Yep, didn't screw around this time.  Won't screw around for the finals either.

Bolts threepeat in 6.

Avalanche will be fresher and faster. Colorado in six, only because of an edge in goaltending on the Lightning side. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, blackhawkrush said:

Avalanche will be fresher and faster. Colorado in six, only because of an edge in goaltending on the Lightning side. 

After having to listen to the ESPN crew throughout the Rangers series. I have really learned to appreciate when Tampa is underestimated!!! 😆

I 3eleive!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

After having to listen to the ESPN crew throughout the Rangers series. I have really learned to appreciate when Tampa is underestimated!!! 😆

I 3eleive!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

I'd hate to be associated with ESPN,  :puke: but it's just my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Haha! I get it! 😆 I realize there are folks such as yourself that aren't going to pull for me Bolts!  The national sports media will probably follow suit! We even have our own segment of fairweather fans that never expected Tampa to make it to the finals! But It's okay because we who 3elieve know what kind of team we have down here & the Av's better be prepared for the fight of their life!!! 😉🤪 It's gonna be one hell of a series! One for the books for sure! It all starts Wednesday!!!

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

• Like 1

Haha! I get it! 😆 I realize there are folks such as yourself that aren't going to pull for me Bolts!  The national sports media will probably follow suit! We even have our own segment of fairweather fans that never expected Tampa to make it to the finals! But It's okay because we who 3elieve know what kind of team we have down here & the Av's better be prepared for the fight of their life!!! 😉🤪 It's gonna be one hell of a series! One for the books for sure! It all starts Wednesday!!!

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

If you go back and read some of my posts, you will conclude I despise the Av's. The Hawks already were the team of the decade (2010-20) So go ahead and win, I just don't think you will. 

• Like 1

If you go back and read some of my posts, you will conclude I despise the Av's. The Hawks already were the team of the decade (2010-20) So go ahead and win, I just don't think you will. 

Yes the Hawks beat Tampa for the Cup in 2015, so there you go.  I didn't care for the Avs when they had Forsberg and Lemieux.  My mom loved Joe Sakic and I was happy when they won with Bourque in 2001.   I continued to watch them after Mom left us and I began to enjoy the team more and with Cale Makar, he's fantastic to watch.  I 'm still a Hawks fan but Avs are a much deeper team this year, Sakic really has built up a great squad.    Agree, Avs in 6.   :pirate::clap:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Yeah buddy no disrespect intended! I know who you root for and don't, it's fine if you think Tampa won't win... Please forgive me if I put off any other kind of vibe! I am just in a euphoric state of mind! I am looking forward to my team being the team that finally gets the respect it deserves! I think if Tampa does manage to 3peat we will be in the history books of one of the greatest teams of all time! Finally crossing the threshold into the elite! Prolly we will still get diss'd but we will be  cemented in the "Guilded Cage"... So the next thing will be if Tampa does 3peat, will they be able to do it again for 4? But without getting to far ahead of me self. It's gonna have to be just one game at a time in the finals...

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Yeah buddy no disrespect intended! I know who you root for and don't, it's fine if you think Tampa won't win... Please forgive me if I put off any other kind of vibe! I am just in a euphoric state of mind! I am looking forward to my team being the team that finally gets the respect it deserves! I think if Tampa does manage to 3peat will will be in the history books of one of the greatest teams of all time! Finally crossing the threshold into the elite! Prolly we will still get diss'd but we will be  cemented in the "Guilded Cage"... So the next thing will be if Tampa does 3peat, will they be able to do it again for 4? But without getting to far ahead of me self. It's gonna have to be just one game at a time in the finals...

Believe me, there isn't, well maybe not a day, but a week that goes by, that I don't think about the way 2014 semifinal against the Kings finished up, and how close the Hawks came to achieving what your guys are striving for. And I wouldn't want somebody here to downplay the accomplishments of my team and say "You can't do it three times in a row", but I see this Avalanche squad as something the Knights had when they joined the league, only with much better players. That's why I'm giving the edge to Colorado, not because I think your bunch is past their prime. Good luck to you, although I am getting tired of looking at Cooper's face. :wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Believe me, there isn't, well maybe not a day, but a week that goes by, that I don't think about the way 2014 semifinal against the Kings finished up, and how close the Hawks came to achieving what your guys are striving for. And I wouldn't want somebody here to downplay the accomplishments of my team and say "You can't do it three times in a row", but I see this Avalanche squad as something the Knights had when they joined the league, only with much better players. That's why I'm giving the edge to Colorado, not because I think your bunch is past their prime. Good luck to you, although I am getting tired of looking at Cooper's face. :wink:

We'll like I like to say;

Only time will tell! 

I am definitely excited me Bolts have the opportunity when so many (even supposed "Lightning" fans) counted them out even as early as the regular season when we only made it is as a wild card and wouldn't have any chance without home ice advantage. We'll that's all history and Tampa is in the finals for the 3rd year in a row! This squad has been able to find a way to make it happen no matter what! Also as I said waaay back in round one. I thought the Leafs would be the hardest series Tampa would face. However with that said, with Colorado proving consistently they are the team to beat! Only time will tell 🤪

• Like 1

18 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

ESPN could have pulled it off, but blew it in choice of personnel, particularly for pbp.  Sorry, but Sean McDonough is boring af, and the diminishing role of Steve Levy and refusal to bring in Gary Thorne, who expressed a desire to call games despite his advanced age (74), were telling.  I watched very little of the between period commentary, but anything has to be better than Eddie Olnyk-even my nemesis Criscohead, who at least has a functioning knowledge of the game.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

ESPN could have pulled it off, but blew it in choice of personnel, particularly for pbp.  Sorry, but Sean McDonough is boring af, and the diminishing role of Steve Levy and refusal to bring in Gary Thorne, who expressed a desire to call games despite his advanced age (74), were telling.  I watched very little of the between period commentary, but anything has to be better than Eddie Olnyk-even my nemesis Criscohead, who at least has a functioning knowledge of the game.

Actually TNT ended up doing a better job on the Wednesday night games than I expected and they did a decent job on the Western Conference too.  They had Kenny Albert, Darren Pang and Keith Jones which makes up a bit with Olcyzk.  It was kind of a mixed bag with Liam McHugh and Anson Carter coming from NBC and putting them with Rick Tocchet and Biz Nasty.  Gretzky seemed like a fish out of water,  just like Messier and Chelios on ESPN.  Great players but not as good as commentators.  Tocchet always seemed like he wanted to be anywhere else but there and gave Bissonette the stink eye a lot. 

All I can say is thank god for the mute button, sometimes I just had to tune them out.  Thankfully I got to see a lot of great games.  Looking forward to a great series.

GO AVS!

• Like 3

On 6/12/2022 at 12:14 PM, Crimsonmistymemory said:

I 3eleive!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

You need to watch NHL Network, they love Tampa.  Have been watching their recaps all throughout the Finals and they lavish a lot of praise on them.

They do love Makar too so that's fine by me. :yes:

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 7:53 AM, goose said:

For sure.  Man, are they quick.

Bolts better bring your oxygen tanks, the altitude sneaks up on you in the 3rd period. :wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Bolts better bring your oxygen tanks, the altitude sneaks up on you in the 3rd period. :wink:

That's why they're already in Denver 😆

A few daze to get acclimated! But when the series moves to the every other night segment, the thin air may actually be a factor!

Only time will tell....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rhyta said:

You need to watch NHL Network, they love Tampa.  Have been watching their recaps all throughout the Finals and they lavish a lot of praise on them.

They do love Makar too so that's fine by me. :yes:

I will see if any of my streaming services carry that channel! My better 1/2 and I cut our dependence on cable TV about 6 years ago and only have HD-OTA & internet streaming...

• The topic was unpinned